Anyone implemented Google Tag Manager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone implemented Google Tag Manager?

Anyone implemented Google Tag Manager in lieu of SellerDecks analytics/adwords implementation?

As we have to manage more and more links to third party ad platforms etc, the default was to ad in another script/tag. Naturally this slows performance as all this have to be loaded. Google Tag Manager as I understand it sorts it but installing 1 tag, the Google Tag Manager tag, then within their system, separately fires the 3rd party tags, reducing the load on your site, increasing performance and the user experience.
    Google says "Google Analytics 4 properties bridge the gap between web and mobile analytics. Google Tag Manager supports Google Analytics 4 properties with two tags that work together:

Google Analytics: GA4 Configuration
    Google Analytics: GA4 Event"

I know this might sound like an ad but it kind of seems the way to go and I wanted to know if anyone else is thinking the same thing and if so, have you tried to implement it? If you have any feedback or comments that you could share?

Anyone from SellerDeck development care to comment or share their views on this direction that Google has taken?

Phil Howell
    Director
    Intuition Un Ltd
    www.turmerlicious.com A range of delicious Turmeric Latte's #veryaddictive

Also
    Awarding winning publishers of Natal Hypnotherapy™, the UK's leading provider of hypnosis for conception, pregnancy and child birth having helped over 100,000 women through antenatal courses and self hypnosis CDs
    www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk Hypnobirthing in English
    www.natalhypnotherapy.fr Hypnobirthing in french
    www.hypnobirthingclass.online Online antenatal training

I know a couple of customers have implemented this, although I'm afraid I don't recall who they were. I believe our delivery team also implemented it as a paid option for a couple of others. The starting point is to disable the built-in integration and add the Tag Manager code instead, but I'm not sure how the receipt page tagging is done.

We are looking to implement Tag Manager support in a forthcoming release, but I can't guarantee when this will be available.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for your feedback.

Phil
      Phil Howell
      Director
      Intuition Un Ltd

Also
      Awarding winning publishers of Natal Hypnotherapy™, the UK's leading provider of hypnosis for conception, pregnancy and child birth having helped over 100,000 women through antenatal courses and self hypnosis CDs

Comment

So had a go at doing this and Googles Tag assistant is able to pick up the Google Tag Manager Tags and seems to think they are correct. However within SellerDeck I get some errors. Ignore the first two which are Widget related.

Any suggestions on how to deal with these?

Thanks
        SellerDeck Errors
        Phil Howell
        Director
        Intuition Un Ltd

Also

Comment

Update: i have tweaked the location of the Google Tag code in line with the knowledge base article https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...seen-on-upload and that gets rid of the 98% of the above Javascript errors. The only two remaining (first two lines) are down to a dodgy Widget code implementation which I have yet to sort.
          Phil Howell
          Director
          Intuition Un Ltd

Also

Comment

Ok I am mid implementation of some code for Google Tag Manager to send transaction data to Google. If I may ask some questions to the wise ones in this community.

q1) Given we are dealing with electronic services, and have two taxes Tax1 and Tax2, I think I should add tax 1 and tax2 together to be the variable act_tax thus:

var act_tax = "<actinic:variable name="Tax1" />" + "<actinic:variable name="Tax2" />";
            act_tax = act_tax.replace(rConverDot, ".");
            act_tax = act_tax.replace(rRemoveEncoded, "");

Do I have the syntax correct please?
            Click image for larger version

Name:	googletagmanager-900x450.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	554806
            Attached Files
            Phil Howell
            Director
            Intuition Un Ltd

Also

Comment

Working...
            X