Filtering panel - no scroll bars when viewing on mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filtering panel - no scroll bars when viewing on mobile

When viewing any page with filtering on mobile, it is not displaying any scroll bars to the right. The two attributes shown on the screenshot below (iPhone/Chrome) both have more than the five choices that can be seen, therefore shouldn't there be scroll bars down the right-hand side?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Filtering panel, no scroll bars.gif
Views:	87
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	554746

In contrast, the screenshot below (desktop/Chrome) does show the scroll bars:-

Click image for larger version

Name:	Filtering panel, scroll bars on desktop.gif
Views:	79
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	554747

Does anybody know if this is a bug, and/or what I can do to fix it please? Thank you.
    Attached Files

I looked at Ouch! using a Samsung S8+ with the Chrome browser. Scroll bars initially appear but disappear if you start scrolling within each scrollable area. They return if you leave and re-enter the scroll area. Presumably to let as much content as possible be seen once you've been shown that an area is scrollable.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Could it be an iPhone-specific issue then, do you think? Because I had already checked iPhone/Safari too and that was the same.

I've just used a screen recorder to demonstrate what happens on iPhone/Chrome:-

https://www.ouchbodyjewellery.co.uk/Video.MP4

Comment

My wife has an iPhone and it (using Safari) doesn't display scroll bars until you touch within the scrollable area. So there's no initial hint that the area is scrollable. Same thing with the Google based browser on the iPhone too.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you for checking that. I can't even get it to display scroll bars when I touch within the scrollable area. As an additional test, I tried putting a tick against one of the choices ... still no scroll bars to be seen.

I don't know if it's relevant but the model I'm using is an iPhone 12 Mini. I can check with a different iPhone model (I think it's an 11) tonight when one of my family members comes home. Not that it matters really - even if there is an issue, I don't expect it would be addressed any time in the near future.

Thanks for your help, Norman.

Comment

Working...
          X