Delivery tab in product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delivery tab in product

I am working on a Swift version of my current live website, early days. I want to make use of the Delivery and Returns tab in the products, for a few products. On previewing, the tab is there, but I cannot find where to enter the text to put on that tab. The implementation guide just says that it is provided, but I cannot find where. Any clues?

I have sorted this. It was not as I had expected. It is in the Properties of a product. I was expecting a much larger box as I have several sentences to enter. However, I have managed to reduce the words somewhat.

Comment

Yes, unfortunately Swift is unable to add a multi-line box.

If the content is different for every product, and you don't use if for anything else, you could use the Extended Information Text field instead. Then in the Customisable Product Layout replace
      Code:
      <actinic:variable name="ProductDeliveryAndReturns" />
      with
      Code:
      <actinic:variable name="ExtendedInfoText" />
      Alternatively, you could change the ProductDeliveryAndReturns variable Type to "File Content". That would allow you to store the text in an external file, the content of which would be included in the tab.
      Bruce Townsend
      Ecommerce Product Manager
      Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

These single line fields can hold a lot of text but truncate it at the first newline seen.

Luckily you can work around this. Type your text into a plain text editor (like Notepad) as one long line. Use <br> wherever you want a new line.

E.g.

This is the first line<br>Here is the second line<br><br>And here is a new paragraph.

Then copy / paste the text into the Product delivery and returns message field.

There is also another solution where you could use the Extended Info / Text field instead (assuming you're not already using it) but that would require a few changes to your product layout.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I went a step further and set up additional layouts.

they also have new variables for things that I may need to change like delivery times. Delays due to weather etc.

I can just make 1 change in settings and roll it out across all products. Update a product group on product delays etc.

In the early days I would have to manually change something in every product. During designing my swift site I wanted to automate as much as possible.

it is worth taking the time to work out what would make your site easier to update and incorporate it at this stage.
          Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
          Zirconium Rings
          Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Working...
          X