Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home

It seems to me that a basic requirement for any website is a link to the Homepage (Home). This does not appear to come with the Swift design. Mine comes with just Recent Orders and Login, upper right. The only place that there is a link to the Homepage is under Information in the main menu, but people will not know it is there. Is there a way of having Home come up anywhere without having to write code in Design?

Sarah

I think it is widely accepted that clicking the logo will take you to the home page. Just make sure this is the case with your website.
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

The link to the home page is enabled via Design / Design Options / Home Page Link.

Usual setting is Brochure which would mean that clicking the company logo would take you to the home page.

The Variable Reference Guide erroneously points to non-existent Settings / Site Options / Navigation for this setting.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Some of our customers are not particularly computer literate; many are more elderly than I am, and may not know that the logo takes you to the homepage. I notice that in other examples of Swift websites that there is Home along with Login upper right, which for me would be better. Design: Design Options: Home Page Link is already ticked to show.

Comment

Hi Sarah.

In Swift there is a 'Home' link at the start of the breadcrumb trail, as well as from the logo. Adding one next to Login does require a code change in the 'UXHeader Swift' layout. Find the line:
          Code:
          <ul class="d-flex justify-content-end ">
          and add the following in a new line immediately beneath it:
          Code:
              <li><a href="<actinic:variable name="HomePageURL" />">Home</a> </li>
          Bruce Townsend
          Ecommerce Product Manager
          Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
          X