Sellerdeck Swift Extension v2.0.1 incompatible with Desktop v18.2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sellerdeck Swift Extension v2.0.1 incompatible with Desktop v18.2.2

Please be aware that Swift Extension v2.0.1 is not compatible with Desktop v18.2.2. If you try to use the extension to apply the Swift design to an 18.2.2 site, it will destroy the ClearAccept and accordion menu functionality and introduce various other issues as well.

Having reported this to Sellerdeck and been told that it should be compatible, this morning I have been told that Development have confirmed that it isn't. Apparently a new version of the extension will be available in the future...

I've spent several days trying to get the thing to work, so I'm not best pleased about this, particularly since I also spent several days back in 2020 trying to get Swift V1 working acceptably before abandoning it when I heard that V2 was coming!
    The good news is that if you haven’t yet upgraded to 18.2.2 you can apply the Swift design to an earlier V18 version, and then upgrade to 18.2.2. Or so they tell me.

Too late for me, but maybe this post will save somebody else some anguish.

John
    John Ennals
    www.tortoys.co.uk

Sorry to ask a daft question, how do you know what version of swift you are on ? and also swift is the mobile version of SD

Comment

This has all been rushed too quickly causing so much unnecessary stress. A service company such as Sellerdeck should be there to help streamline things and remove stress, not be the cause of it.

Despite having an online business, I don't really do a lot of online shopping. I recently did from a company that uses a softwar with the word Shop in it. I was impressed with how polished the user experience was, in particular the shipping integration which works in an app that will show shipping from other companies as well. I hadn't realised how far Sellerdeck had slipped in functionality.
      Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
      Zirconium Rings
      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Originally posted by PJ ENG View Post
        Sorry to ask a daft question, how do you know what version of swift you are on ? and also swift is the mobile version of SD
        If you open the Swift V2 Extension from the Operations menu it will tell you which version you have installed. That's assuming you've installed the Swift V2 Extension.

Both Smart and Swift are responsive designs that work on all screen sizes including mobiles. The difference is that Swift uses the Bootstrap framework which is inherently "mobile first". However, once Bootstrap is combined with Sellerdeck's layouts and CSS and all the other stuff, Swift is, ironically, anything but. I've just run my live Smart homepage and my test Swift homepage through Pagespeed Insights, and the performance scores (the higher the better) are:
        Desktop Mobile
        Smart... 81 50
        Swift ... 43 32

Both Smart scores are categorised as amber, the Swift scores red.

Swift does look nice though, particularly the checkout and receipt.

P.S. the Table function in this forum doesn't seem to work properly either...
        John Ennals
        www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

I had to deal with the sunsetting of Sellerdeck Payments so we're updated to v18.2.2...

There is a Design Snapshot Export/Import...
          Is it possible to revert to an older version (install on laptop or VM), restore older version snapshot, add Swift v2, update to v18.2.2, export design snapshot, re-import that as Design Snapshot to the production site?

Comment

Does the s help:

https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...334#post556334
            Jonathan Chappell
            Website Designer
            SellerDeck Website Designer
            Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
            Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

We are working on a new version of the Swift extension to support v18.2.2. Unfortunately it is taking longer than we had hoped, but we will make it available as soon as possible.

if you haven’t yet upgraded to 18.2.2 you can apply the Swift design to an earlier V18 version, and then upgrade to 18.2.2
              That is correct. The problem occurs when using the extension, either to apply Swift to a v18.2.2 site that did not previously use it, or to upgrade a Swift v1 site to Swift v2 in Desktop v18.2.2.
              Bruce Townsend
              Ecommerce Product Manager
              Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
              X