No announcement yet.

Edge Browser VIsual Search feature - Magic Zoom conflict and general awfulness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edge Browser VIsual Search feature - Magic Zoom conflict and general awfulness

Microsoft Edge has a splendidly irritating feature whereby if you hover on an image, a "Visual Search" button appears top right. Unfortunately this conflicts with Swift's Magic Zoom, so when you hover over a product image it zooms, but does not un-zoom when you stop hovering!

Alarmingly, Visual Search also gives your customers instant clickable links to similar products for sale on other websites - brilliant!

Fortunately it is possible to suppress this particular Edge feature for all images on your site by placing this at the bottom of the Swift Stylesheet:

Code:
    img {pointer-events:none;}
    I admit this does seem suspiciously straightforward for anything to do with Selleredeck, but it appears to work

John
    John Ennals
    www.tortoys.co.uk

Thanks John, cleared cache and it works, brilliant.
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Many thanks John, another possible leak plugged.
      Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
      Zirconium Rings
      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Fantastic, thank you for that one John
        It's annoying how little snippets on browsers creep in and interfere with the intended functionality of a website - the one you discovered is a sneaky means of creating a pop-up with the links you describe.
        Both MS Edge and Bing are a bl***dy nuisance as far as I'm concerned and I would really like to know if there is any way you can get rid of them once and for all time!!
        Martin
        Mantra Audio

Comment

Working...
        X