Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I have an actinic website and this is what I want.

I want the customer to visit the index page and have to sign up to enter. This sign up process should involve user name, password (for return visits) and a one off payment of £10.

After this is completed they can then access the rest of the website.

Will I need actinic business for this type of stuff. Also will it be able to restrict access to the entire site untill the membership has been paid?

Thanks for your help people!

Lee

I'm sorry but Actinic Business cannot support what you want. There is no online registration feature available.

The best you can do is have a product called 'Sign Up Now' worth £10.00 which is available to retail customers. They then order this item and complete the order, supplying all their name and address info in the process. You can then retrieve the order and turn it into a customer account and then notify them via email when the account is ready to access online.

Comment

is this still the same, is there no way you can restrict access to the site by forcing users to register, i have a site to build and its only going to be available to trade users, with no product prices on view until the member has logged in

Comment

John,

This area is pretty much the same now. Actinic does not use an online database and hence you cannot automate the online registeration part of it. There is a work around provided in the Advanced Users Guide and a few on this forum too. Run a search on 'Register Online' or similar phrases and you should come across several topics.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
          John,

This area is pretty much the same now. Actinic does not use an online database and hence you cannot automate the online registeration part of it. There is a work around provided in the Advanced Users Guide and a few on this forum too. Run a search on 'Register Online' or similar phrases and you should come across several topics.

Kind regards,
          I did try the work around, but when i shown it to the owner of the site, the look on his face said it all, i take it by your reply that this is not going to be a feature in version 8, as i have told this customer to hold off and wait for the latest v8 to come out...

i think it would take some clver so and so to work out how to use an online login system with Actinic ...thanks for your reply!

Comment

Working...
          X