order download problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

order download problems

I have added components and attributes with choices for certain products using the getting started guide supplied by Actinic, the site looks and functions fine when placing the order and you can choose the appropriate component or choice however when you try and download the order you get the following error message:

The field 'order detail.ProductReference' cannot contain a Null value becaused the Required property for this field is set to True. Enter a value in theis field

followed by a database error

The oder will then downloas but with no information relating to the components or choices

Help Appreciated

Andy Thackeray
    www.the-watershed.co.uk

Have you got any components that are linked to products, it so do the products actually exist or have you deleted them?

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Not linked to products

According to the Actinic manual for Business V5, components do not need to linked to other products, the components we have set up are not linked to any products, do they need to be?

Andy Thackeray
      http://www.the-watershed.co.uk

Comment

Hello Andy,

No they don't need to be linked to product, the error that you got is suggesting that you have a product without a reference and your components are not working correctly, I was trying to work out how that could happen.

I think that you probably need to contact Actinic support and get them to check your database over.

If you can't do this I would concentrate on each problem product at a time, all I can suggest to do it to manually recreate it and see if the new one has the same problems - did you use cut and paste at all when you were creating the components?

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Jan Thanks for that

I have since crated some dummy products and linked to them, it does now work but seems not to be the correct way of doing it.

Comment

How odd - it wouldn't suprise me if it worked now if you unlink those products.

I've noticed a little bugette in catalog in that you can link a component to a product and then delete and purge the product. If you then go back into the component details to edit it you just see blank where the linked ref would be (rather than the usual none).

I would expect this to bring up an error on upload BUT what if you had already uploaded before deleting the product and hadn't changed the component details, then deleted the product, the next upload might miss the problem as the product with the error wouldn't be uploaded.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
            X