Inherited version 4 site and need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inherited version 4 site and need help!

I recently inherited a version 4 actinic site. I recently tried to upload this to a test server in order to make the design changes required.

I received a funny script saying:
    “Warning: The HTML templates specify source files (with “SRC=” commands) that reside in directories other than the Catalog directory on the web site. Catalog cannot handle these files and they are being omitted from the list of files to upload.

No source files in the template should have a path. Store them in the specific site directory locally, and they will be uploaded to the Catalog web directory”

If I ignore this message it still tries to upload but then eventually just hangs there and times out. Is this something anyone has come across before?

Would really appreciate some help.

Many thanks

Nats

Hi Nats

The error message you receive is because whoever designed the site edited one of the templates to include a link to another page on the site e.g. <a href="index.html">...</a>. When Actinic uploads, it looks for this file and does not find it. It is a benign error though, and should not affect the upload. I think you have other issues there.

This knowledge base article gives tips on the error message. To diagnose the upload hang, try clicking 'Test' in 'Advanced | Netowrk Setup'

Comment

Working...
    X