Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What VAT charges should be applied to a discount.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What VAT charges should be applied to a discount.

If you apply a discount to an order what tax rate should be applied? I'm thinking of the kind of discount that is applied after the order is received.

Regards,

Jan
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Jan,

The VAT rate on the discount should be the same as the VAT rate on the item being discounted.
    Chris Brown

Comment

But the discount is applied to the whole order and an order might contain products at different VAT rates, I can't see a place where you can define the actual VAT rate to use. Actually I have just checked this out in the product and the default VAT rate offered is custom so presumably you just work it out and enter a custom rate is you have more than one rate. For me this means that to get hold of the VAT charge on the discount I have to go to the order details table find the line and then save the tax amount charged UNLESS it is stored in the order table somewhere - I'm rambling, here is a more direct question.

Is the tax rate that has been used for an adjustment stored in the order details table?

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
      X