Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nortree menu size question

hi everyone,

I have a site that is about to go live, however my client is concerned that the nortree menu that we are using is too large in size thus increasing the page size. We are using a two level nav with top level departments and sub level options.

My client has had a look at the section_tree_names and url.js files and wanted to know why all the products appear within the structure when we are only using the first two.

Is there a way to comment out any of the code to only allow the first two levels to be present within the js code? Or is there any way to speed up the pages.

Please feel free to have a look at the site and let me know if you think that the site is slow on your browser.drinks direct

I'll thank anybody beforehand who trys to help.
    Regards.

Lee Jackson
    Creative Director

Centurius Design & Marketing
    Centurius Website
    Portfolio of Work

My client has had a look at the section_tree_names and url.js files and wanted to know why all the products appear within the structure when we are only using the first two.
    Because Actinic generates these files and doesn't know what use you want to put them to.

However:-

If your site isn't going to change its section structure you could always hand edit the section_tree_names and url.js files to remove unwanted levels and save these files with new names (My_section_tree_names.js and My_section_tree_URLs.js) in Site1.

Now edit Act_Primary.html and replace

NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTREE_NAMES
    NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTREE_URLS

with

<script type="text/javascript" src="My_section_tree_names.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="My_section_tree_URLs.js"></script>

Don't forget you'll have to update these files if you add / remove sections from your site.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman for the help. I'll give my client the option you suggested.
      Regards.

Lee Jackson
      Creative Director

Centurius Design & Marketing
      Centurius Website
      Portfolio of Work

Comment

Working...
      X