Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

image in drop down box .. is this possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

image in drop down box .. is this possible?

I have a new site on the verge of going live .. which is for furniture retailer. For the chairs, they have a specific range of fabrics. I have done this in Developer7 as a drop down selection box, containing the fabric references.

Does anyone have an idea how I might place a small square of colour (GIF image, loosely relating to each fabric's colour) into that drop down box, perhaps just before the reference name.

It's a token gesture (as obviously the colour is not going to be an absolute check for the buyer), but I think it would be a nice tweak.

David

According to the HTML specification <OPTION> staements must be plain text, containing no HTML or other active content so the answer is that it can't be done.

However I have posted a patch that allows Radio buttons to have small icons against each button, and even alternatively allows the main image to change when each choice is selected. This also allows the main image to change when a drop down choice is selected, but as mentioned above you can't have icons against drop down choices.

See http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?p=44890 for the patch. Take the newest attachment.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi,

Not sure if this is any use but you could take a look at:

http://www.domedia.org/oveklykken/cs...-down-menu.php

Shows you how to colour the text/background of a drop down using CSS.

Not exactly what you were looking for but possibly a compromise?

Cheers

IMIS
      IMIS
      www.crombie.co.uk
      www.bonasana.com
      www.discount-aromatherapy.co.uk

Comment

thanks folks .. I have already got some background colour options in drop downs.. and it can look really pretty good.

Norman's 'change main image item' might be a solution though .. that sounds very nice indeed .. I shall have a look.

much obliged.

Comment

Working...
        X