separate shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

separate shipping

Hi is there any way of sending one item separately in an order?

I would like to tell the customer the shipping type for one item but allow them to choose the shipping type for the remaining items.

I hope this makes sense

Jay Cee

Hi there

If i understand this correctly, then do you mean, you have downloaded an order. You want to ship one part of the order to the client, but the remaining order can be shipped later using another shipping class.

Well you can backorder using Actinic, however the latter part, changing the order to use another shipping class cannot be done. You could make an adjustment to the order, but not changing the class

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Y

Yes, I would like to send the main part of the order now at the chosen shipping class but one item
      I.e. Turkey for Christmas would be shipped later.

I would just like to be able to show this to the customer as depending on location the shipping class for the turkey maybe different. So they need to see both classes.

Many Thanks
      Jay Cee

Comment

This is not possible I'm afraid.

There is a 'Ship Separately' button on the 'General' tab which will mean that Actinic will assume the turkey is going via a separate package, so will work out the correct shipping cost on the two parts of the order and then add them together.

Comment

Free Delivery On Specific Ordered Items

Hi,

My situation is this...

Boy this has been a difficult question to write!

My company sells pet care products and accessories, including light weight portable dog kennels. These kennels arrive from the manufacturer in prepacked cartons ready for shipment.

In order to match our competitors, I plan to ship these products FOC. However, due to the size constraints of the cartons they arrive in, there is very little, in any room, to include additional ordered products.

Therefore I need Actinic to be able to distinguish the difference between a 'free' delivery product and those which are chargeable according to weight.

I have specified within Actinic that the kennels must be 'shipped separately', which seems to work OK. However, if my customer orders additional products (eg. combs, brushes, etc.) these will be charged for delivery at exactly the same rate as the kennel. Since they may only weigh a few grams this will undoubtedly annoy the customer, almost definitely leading to an abandoned shopping cart.

Here's an example:
          Lightweight Portable Kennel (5625g) = £7.64 (normal delivery inc. VAT)
          Slicker Brush (93g) = £1.95 (normal delivery inc. VAT)

Instead of this, Actinic is charging an additional £7.64 to ship the brush, which suggests there's a problem - dare I say it 'bug'!

I recon there must be a simple reason why this is happening, which I hope someone can explain to me.

I look forward to your replies.

Thanks
          Kevin Simpson
          Simpsons of Langley Ltd.
          Manufacturers and Retailers of Professional Pet Grooming Products.
          http://www.simpsons-online.co.uk

Comment

Hi Kevin,

Actinic applys the shipping total to what you have put within the shipping grid. Presently i would not say this is a bug until Support can see your snapshot.
            If you check the shipping grid, what do you have for 90g-100g? Is it set to 1.95
            Please could you give some examples on the shipping query?

Therefore I need Actinic to be able to distinguish the difference between a 'free' delivery product and those which are chargeable according to weight.
            You know that for specific product, you will define a weight of 0.00 which in the grid equals to 0.00. That how you will provide free shipping.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
            X