Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment setting problem

Hi there

I've been setting up Actinic for a client and have made all the necessary changes and its almost about to go live. I've set up the Payment Provider, its in test mode, and that is fine. Its just that I want to remove all the other Payment Method items on the Business Settings/Payment and Security tab. I am unable to delete the option "Invoice with Order", it has a grey background and when I try to delete the row it returns the error

"This Payment Method is used as default by one or more customer's accounts and therefore cannot be removed"

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? How do I delete those customer accounts which have mysteriously appeared? or is there another answer?????

Any help would really be appreciated

Zathrus

At one point the product came with a couple of demo customer accounts if these accounts still exist in your database they could be causing the problem.

If not you will have to go through each of your customer accounts looking for the one with that payment type as it's default.

Regards.
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi there

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm not sure how I can remove customer accounts, I dont seem to have access to them in Actinic Catalog v5. I did purge all the test orders on the orders tab but i returned to the payment menu and the "Invoice with Order" option is still greyed out.

Can you tell me how to delete these demo accounts? or if there is another solution possibly to the problem.

Thanks for the help

Zathrus

Comment

You need to go to 'customer accounts' option on the 'view' menu
        and delete any accounts that you did not create.

Hang on though did you say that you are using CATALOG rather than BUSINESS, if so catalog doesn't have any customer accounts and I am now stumped.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

ummm ok i guess ive provided you with a difficult problem

i can always set up the "Invoice with Order" option to be location dependent and set the location to Iraq also i could remove the "Invoice with Order" text that displays on the html page.

alternatively is it possible to manually edit the html file (the file containing the dropdown payment options) without any problems? i.e. to remove the "Invoice with Order" payment option from the dropdown menu so that only one option remains?

many thanks for all your help

Zathrus

Comment

So are you using Catalog?

Have you got Microsoft Access? It so you could check out the tables in access, delete all rows from customer and buyer - only do this if you are using catalog or have business and haven't entered any customer accounts.

Have you somehow downgraded from business to catalog?

Regards,

Comment

yes im using Actinic Catalog v5.0.0.0.29.BMGB and the problem is specific to that application.

Im not sure about the downgrading...im not in control of what software is bought...altho i believe Actinic was bought several months ago, but the project was delayed for a short while. Any reason for asking?

Ive tried to open the databases, i assume its ActinicCatalog.mdb where the customers accounts lie? but with Access 97 it says its an unrecognized database format. Its probably an Access 2000 file.

Many thanks for your help, I guess itll have to be a temporary fix until I am able to access that file.

Zathrus

Comment

Im not sure aboREut the downgrading...im not in control of what software is bought...altho i believe Actinic was bought several months ago, but the project was delayed for a short while. Any reason for asking?
                I was trying to work out where the customer accounts might have come from. The error message that you are getting shouldn't be appearing.

The database supplied with V5 is an access 2000 database, you could try linked to it from excel or similar using ODBC the ODBC connection name is ActinicCatalog5.

You are on one of the first version of V5, I would recommend upgrading to the latest one - you may well find that the problem goes away and you will certainly have a more reliable version of catalog to work with. (Free upgrades are available on the Actinic site).

Regards,

Comment

An upgrade to 5.1.6 will fix this problem.

Comment

Great thanks to both of you for your help...most appreciated :-)

I have another issue. Im not sure if its related in some way. I have both Actinic Catalog v5 and Actinic Catalog v6 installed on my machine in separate directories. The problem is that the help files from v6 appear in the v5 help area. I assume upgrading will solve this problem too.

Ive sent a request for the upgrade files, Anyway thanks again. :-)

Zathrus

Comment

Working...
                    X