Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Message without Quanity on same page.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Message without Quanity on same page.

I wish to add a message field to a product
    For example: "Please enter the name of the CD that your require"
    An example of this can be found at this URL: http://www.despatchboxes.com/acatalo...Occasions.html
    The "offending" product can be found in "Tokens of Love" near the bottom of the page.

At present, the only way that I can achieve this on the product page is to tick the "Quatity on page" tickbox.
    I do not want the quantity showing.
    All other options do not show the message entry box.

This is important to me as I wish to place this in many products, though by no means all.

Help would be much appreciated.

Hi there

If you do not want the quantity showing on the product level, then simply double click on the section "Family Occasions".

Click on the "Layout" tab of that section, and at the bottom you will have "Shopping mode". Simply untick "Use Parent Settings" and select "Quantity on Shopping cart Page"

This should set the quantity in the shopping cart

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

If I select "Quantity on Shopping Cart Page", the message prompt and box disappear from the page.
      This is the problem.
      The only way I seem to be able to get the message on the page is if I also have the quantity on there. ie. "Quantity on Page" Which I don't want.

Comment

Hi there

I'm afraid if you are going to use "Quantity on Product Page" layout, there is no way you could hide the quantity. Otherwise the quantity field value would not pass through onto the shopping cart, resulting in an error message saying, "please enter quantity"

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Originally posted by Nadeem
          I'm afraid if you are going to use "Quantity on Product Page" layout...
          NO. I don't WANT to use the "Quantity on Page".
          It's just that it is the ONLY one the "Message" box appears on.
          Endulge me. Try it.
          I cannot see me ever wanting the Quantity on the page, so I don't mind removing that bit of code.
          Can I mod the template?
          If so, which one and what bit of code?

Comment

Hi there

This is from the advance user guide v7.
            If you want to hide the quantity fields from the customers, and just use a hidden default value instead, then use the following method.
            1. Locate the product template that is being used for the products you want to edit. If you want to edit the default template then go to 'Design Options | Layouts' and click the 'Edit' button next to 'Default Product Layout'.
            Note: If you want to create a new template just for specific products, then edit the template and save it under a different filename. This template can now be selected in the 'Product Layout' field of any product.
            2. Edit that template and replace:
            NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY
            with
            <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY --><input type="hidden" name="Q_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE" value="1">
            Note that you can change the "1" above to a different default number.
            3. You can now use that new template for any products you want to hide the quantity field on.
            This is what you would like to achieve.

Kind Regards
            Kind Regards
            Last edited by Nadeem; 05-Oct-2004, 03:09 PM. Reason: Found a solution
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks for trying but... "cannot be achieved in Actinic" Not yet!

"It needs the quantity field, due to the perlscript capturing the information."
              Okay, So I mod the perlscript.

I don't say it's easy, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.
              I'll mess around with the perl for a while and get back with a fix.

Of course, any pointers would help.

Comment

Hi Roger

Please read the above posting, i have edited it, because i found some information from the advance user guide and place it there.

Kind Regards
                Nadeem Rasool
                SellerDeck Development

Comment

I love you!

Comment

Working...
                  X