Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems uploading with Actinic

Hi

I'm looking to see if anyone has experienced uploading problems with Actinic - my server is pretty cool and supports the technical requirements of Actinic which is why I'm confused - as the software fails everytime to upload my clients site to the server.

The error message in which it throws back - claims that my server is down - which is far from the case as I have checked this within Dreamweaver and everything is fine.

Can Actinic V7 have poor reliability when it comes to ftp the site to the server? If anyone could advise then that would really help me out.

Thanks

Graham

If it's unable to connect via ftp to your server then it's usually a firewall problem.

Things to check:

1. make sure the 'use passive ftp ...' tickbox is checked.

2. if the firewall is external, make sure it allows ftp through. You can check by connecting to your ftp server using Internet Explorer.

3. if a firewall is on the PC, again make sure Actinic is allowed internet access and that ftp traffic is allowed through.

4. check your username and password in the network wizard.

There are some ocasional ftp issues with the current version in which it can timeout during an upload. This doesn't sound like it's the same thing.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Mike

Will try these out - have checked my firewall and thats ok but you have given me fresh avenue of thought.

Kind Regards

Graham

Comment

Working...
      X