Design Theme reverted to Actinic default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Design Theme reverted to Actinic default

I have two Sites each with the same Design Theme which is not an Actinic pre-set Theme. However, one of the sites has reverted to an Actinic default Design Theme called "TwentyFour7". How do I change it back?

When I go to 'Design' on the Control Pannel and select 'Themes...' I get this pop-up message: "There is a problem with your current theme set-up. The default one is selected instead". I get this on both Sites yet only one has actually reverted to the default theme.

Any help gratefully received.

Will

Hi there Will

How was this theme created? If it was based on any of the layout, and the design of the theme is similar to the other site. Then if you go to the other site, and click on "Advance | Custom Theme" and click on the "Export" button so it exports that theme.

Then go back to the site that has been reverted back to 24-7, and go to "Advance | Custom Theme" and click on "Import". This will import the new theme.

Now you can go to "Design | Theme", again you might get the error message, but click "OK" to that. Then on the tab you should see "Custom Theme", simply click on that, and you should see the Custom Theme. Simply select this.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

Thanks for your advice which I have followed.
      Unfortunately, the ‘Export Theme...’ button is greyed out and there are no Custom Themes listed to export.

The ‘Import Theme…’ button is available yet when selected an error message is displayed reading: “There was an initialisation failure while starting Snapshot. Please contact Actinic support for advice”. The programme then shuts down.

Sadly I do not know how this theme was created. Would solving the Snapshot error allow me to export/import themes as you suggest?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Will Sanderson

Comment

Hi Will

Hmm.. for that initialising error when importing i would suggest in registering a a query at www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm. Provide them with a link to this forum thread. You will need a developer to have a look into this.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

hi will,

just wondering if you got this sorted out, as i am having the same problem! a site that has been up and running fine for AGES has suddenly gone pearshaped and i have no theme file to replace the default one with...

Comment

Hi there

I would also suggest in registering an email support ticket for this. What theme were you using originally?

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
            X