Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In case you're bored, here's something new!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In case you're bored, here's something new!

Got the following error when just trying to preview a single page. Created a multitude of other errors until I shut Actinic down and restarted it.

"There was a problem with the database

Operation: Opening the [DiscountTriggers] table where [nDiscountID] = 2 sorted by [nTriggerValue]

Cannot open any more tables.

Action: Contact your Actinic reseller or Actinic Support as appropriate"

Any ideas, anyone?
    Pat Nelson
    vcommunity - the business to business network
    email: pnelson@vcommunity.org.uk
    www.vcommunity.org.uk
    Experts in database integration for Actinic Stores

For web hosting, visit: www.vhost.org.uk

Advertise your company for £1 for a year on www.1000adpages.com

It looks as if your database is unwell, you might be able to fix this up by compacting and repairing your database, if you can open Actinic then you can do this by going to the housekeeping menu and choosing the compact databases option, if not you can also do this via the control panel. Do this :

1) Go to control panel and find the 'datasources (odbc)' icon. (On my machine I have to go to the start menu, then to the settings menu and choose control panel, the initial control panel is shown, then I go to administrative tools and the option is there)

2) Double click on the datasources (odbc) icon to open the ODBC datasource administrator.

3) Select the User DSN tab.

4) Find the ActinicCatalog7 entry and click on the configure button

5) Click on the repair button and then select the actinicCatalog.mdb file.

6) Hopefully it will say repair completed and your database will now work again.

If this doesn't work someone from Actinic might need to look at your database so I would suggest registering a support query with Actinic.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Where did it go?

Jan,

Thanks for the reply. I'd already compacted and repaired the database upon reloading Actinic. I cannot appear to recreate/regenerate the error so, for the time being at least, it's origin remains a mystery.

Still, as they say, if it ain't broke...

Ho hum.

Thanks again
      Pat Nelson
      vcommunity - the business to business network
      email: pnelson@vcommunity.org.uk
      www.vcommunity.org.uk
      Experts in database integration for Actinic Stores

For web hosting, visit: www.vhost.org.uk

Advertise your company for £1 for a year on www.1000adpages.com

Comment

Working...
      X