Order Numbers (am i missing out?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Numbers (am i missing out?)

The Actinic Order Number that is automatically generated seems to start with the customers initials and end with a sequential number. e.g DC43FQ10000112
    I have noticed that I am getting orders through with breaks in the sequential order. e.g my next order was NM56TR10000123.
    Am I missing orders? Or is there something else to be learnt by this statistic?
    I hope you can clear this up.

regards
    Mark
    Regards

Mark Parkin
    (VFM Europe)

IIRC, the order number comprises the Initials entered from First & Last name, and the postcode numbers & letters, 1000, then your sequential (sort of) order number.

If they aren't running in sequence I wouldn't worry... those'll be people who've added to cart but not proceeded to checkout at a guess...
    Cheers!
    Marci - <a href="http://www.Over-Clock.co.uk" target="_blank">www.Over-Clock.co.uk</a>

Comment

I'm guessing that you use a PSP and people are abandoning the order when they get to the PSP checkout page.
      Bob Ladden

Comment

There's another thread on this here:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=3379

and the word according to actinic is:

I've been having a word with the Development people, and their opinion is that an order number should never be skipped in the online store - unless you are using a PSP and a customer is transferred to the PSP but does not complete the transaction (in this instance it is not skipped, it just isn't there in 'Pending')
        So you shouldn't have any missing order numbers unless you delete orders.

Chris has asked for someone to help him get to the bottom of this. See the end of thread above.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X