Handling charge on low value orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handling charge on low value orders

We would like to be able to apply a handling charge on orders below a certain value.

The Advance User Guide offers a way of rejecting orders below a minimum value. We just want to able to compensate for the low margin but still accept the order.

If there isn't way to achieve this then please add it to the wishlist.
    Chris Brown

There isn't any way to do this I'm afraid, so I will add it to the wish list.

If you are charging shipping based on 'Total Value' you can add a touch more for orders below a certain amount, but that is the only thing I can suggest.

Comment

Unfortunately the shipping is based on weight (and we have some very heavy items).

While on this subject...
      UPS actually charges according to the "volume-weight". This is calculated by multiplying the dimensions to calculate the volume and then dividing that by 6000 (I think). The charge is based on either this value or the actual weight, whichever is the greater.

Other carriers probably have other ways of working their charges out.

Maybe time for some integration with the major carriers' software packages? Perhaps I'll have a look at that...
      Chris Brown

Comment

We integrate with UPS in the US - but are not connected with any courier software in Europe at the moment.

Comment

Yes I had just noticed that UPS integration was available in the US only. If it was available in Europe then that would solve our problem but still leaves other carriers unaddressed.

I noted that someone else posted the problems that they are experiencing trying to do volumetric shipping charge calculation for ParcelForce.

That wishlist just get longer and longer...
          Chris Brown

Comment

Working...
          X