Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Security padlock in frameset - help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security padlock in frameset - help please!

Hi

Using Actinic 5 within a frameset. Security padlock doesn't appear on checkout pages because of this. It's okay if you access the page directly but this leaves the user without the main site navigation.

I don't want to turn security on for my whole site because of slowness .

has anyone any good ideas to get the padlock to display? I'm sure there must be (please!)

Cheers

Anna

Is it your own frames or Actinic-generated frames?

If you are using Actinic-generated frames, then simply go to 'Design | Options | Miscellaneous' and tick the box that says 'No Frames in Checkout'.

If you are using your own custom frames, and running Actinic within that, then you need to upgrade to 5.1.6. Then you can do what is described above, and also create a new custom property called 'ACT_SETUP_FRAMES_OFF' in 'Advanced | Custom Properties' which will remove the custom frames when you go to the checkout.

Check the context-sensitive help for the 'No Frames in Checkout' field for more information.

Comment

"If you are using your own custom frames, and running Actinic within that, then you need to upgrade to 5.1.6. Then you can do what is described above, and also create a new custom property called 'ACT_SETUP_FRAMES_OFF' in 'Advanced | Custom Properties' which will remove the custom frames when you go to the checkout. "
      Thanks Chris but I actually want my custom frames to remain there if possible during the whole process.

I'm downloading the patch - will it enable me to do this?

Cheers

Anna

Comment

"If you are using your own custom frames, and running Actinic within that, then you need to upgrade to 5.1.6. Then you can do what is described above, and also create a new custom property called 'ACT_SETUP_FRAMES_OFF' in 'Advanced | Custom Properties' which will remove the custom frames when you go to the checkout. "
        Thanks Chris but I actually want my custom frames to remain there if possible during the whole process, whilst displaying the padlock on the checkout pages.

I'm downloading the patch - will it enable me to do this?

Cheers

Anna

Comment

I think you will have to let the frames go in the checkout. They can cause all kinds of trouble on SSL.

Comment

Thanks Chris

Can you tell me - if I take the frames off - what happens when the transaction completes? Where does the user end up i.e. can I control that and switch the frames back on again?

Anna

Comment

In the 'URL for Completed and Aborted Checkout' put in the URL of your frameset.

Comment

Working...
              X