Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next/Previous section links

Hi

I'm just playing around with the trial version of Actinic 7 to ensure that it can do what I want it to do before buying.

In the design guide there are instructions on how to add next and previous links.

This is ideal for specific area of my site but entirely unsuitable for other parts.

Is it possible to add the previous and next links at a specific sub section level rather than site wide? If so where would this be edited?

Cheers

Mark

Ah, i've just realised that I can do this by having it in another Act_primary.html, i.e. Act_primary2.html file and applying that as the overall layout.

Other than the issue of having to maintain 2 Act_primary.html files is there any issues with have 2?

Also, is it possible to get additional template files listed in the drop downs rather than going Select > Browse ?

Mark

Comment

Other than the issue of having to maintain 2 Act_primary.html files is there any issues with have 2?
      Nope - no issues at all.
      Also, is it possible to get additional template files listed in the drop downs rather than going Select > Browse ?
      This is a neat little v7 trick. If you have already created your Act_Primary2.html then...

1) Move Act_Primary2.html out of the 'SIte1' folder.
      2) In Actinic go to 'Design | Options | Layouts' and click 'Select' next to the 'Default Overall Layout' template.
      3) Click the 'Edit' button and you will get the code for the template appear in a new window.
      4) Go to 'File | Save As' and you can give a new name for the template (i.e. Act_Primary2.html) and a description (e.g. 'Alternative Template for Links'). Leave the 'Preview' as it is.
      5) Click OK and then copy Act_Primary2.html back into your 'Site1' folder, overwriting the one which Actinic just created.

Hey presto! Your new template is in the drop-down.

Comment

Excellent,thankyou!

Cheers

Mark

Comment

Working...
        X