How to show inc. and exc. vat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to show inc. and exc. vat

Please explain how I can show VAT on my prices of products with both inclusive and exclusive VAT. Something like this £149.95 (£127.62 ex VAT) ANyones assistance here is always gratefully received. I know this should be easy !!

its in design settings/options , tick both the boxes and it will show both.
    Gary

Comment

Talking of which, in version 7 when a price is displayed of the form
      £2.40Inclusive of VAT at 17.5% there is no space between the 0 and I of "Inclusive" (as shown here). I haven't checked if it's something I have done, but anyone else seen this and where can the space be addeed?
      AJ
      Andrew Fish
      Http://www.BatteryShed.co.uk
      For all your battery requirements at prices less than in the high street.
      "Batteries without the overcharging"

Comment

Go to 'Design | Text' and search for 'Including'. You can enter a space just in front of where it says 'Including %s'.

Comment

Im a little confused. I have version 7.0 Looked at business settings for VAT and dont have 2 boxes to tick??? Tried various permutations with the boxes nil works?? Exactly which boxes should I be ticking???

Comment

sorry sent you mail
            its in design/options/misc
            Gary

Comment

Unfortunately that didn't work.

Went to design:Options:Miscellaneous.
              Now have both boxes ticked for Vat Inclusive and Exclusive prices.
              Couldn't wee it on local PC or after upload of site.
              Not sure what to try next??

Comment

ticked both and def worked for me with nothing else to do?
                Have you got the display prices box above ticked and the £ sign?
                Gary

Comment

Robert

It could be there has been a change to your Actinic settings which is preventing this from appearing. Please check the following:

1) Go to 'Business Settings | Tax' and ensure your store is charging tax.

2) Open Act_ProductPrice.html from within your 'Site1' folder. Ensure it includes NETQUOTEVAR:TAXMESSAGE.

3) Go to 'Design | Text' and clich 'Go to'. Go to Phase: -1, ID: 67 and ensure it says ' (Excluding: %s)'.

4) Then go to Phase: -1, ID: 219 and ensure it says ' (Including: %s)'.

If none of these work, then register an email support question at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Comment

Thank you Chris. That has put everything correct with inc. and exc. Vat.

The problem now is it looks untidy all bunched together. see as an example. http://www.divemachine.co.uk/acatalo...ral_Books.html

I would like to split it so that the text showing inclusive price and Incl. text was in a different colour 'say red' and on a line below in smaller font size.

Thankyou to everyone for such brilliant help.

Comment

Sorry you need to go to a page that has vat items. Books page doesnt show any.
                      http://www.divemachine.co.uk/acatalog/reels.html

Hope this helps explain.

Comment

Zippy,
                        This is what I am seeing as my previous post, there is no space After the inclusive of VAT price.
                        Andrew
                        Andrew Fish
                        Http://www.BatteryShed.co.uk
                        For all your battery requirements at prices less than in the high street.
                        "Batteries without the overcharging"

Comment

Add

just before NETQUOTEVAR:TAXMESSAGE in Act_ProductPrice.html.

Comment

Thanks Chris.
                            That worked fine.
                            Please advise on how to change the Including tax price to a different colour. I need the excluding price still in black.

Comment

Add <font> tags around 'Including %s' where it appears in 'Design | Text'. See my earlier thread for details on this.

Comment

Working...
                              X