Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish List

At 2am this morning I did a succesful upload. I checked the site and realised I had used the wrong template in one section.

Ten minutes later I tried another website update - but it bombed out merging incremental updates. I have tried six times since without success.

I have now tried a web refresh but it too bombed out merging incremental updates.

I am now trying a second. I have about 3,000 images on my site so a full refresh takes a VERY long time.

As the images are very rarely the problem, this is another argument for having the product images in a sub folder - with the option to include or exclude these from a full refresh.

Actinic, How big a patch would this take?
    Niall
    www.highlandclans.co.uk

I'd try a Network Test. This error is due to Perl not working properly (or possibly a permissions problem) and the problem could well be at your server rather than your PC. It seems unlikely that changing a template will have broken the Perl scripts.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Success

Norman,

Thanks for that.

In fact the refesh has finally worked. I thought/hoped it would as there was nothing I had done that was likely to cause a problem. Either Claranet were doing someting or there was a packet glitch on the update.

The refresh took several hours on a broadband connection. I can't believe it was necessary to upload all the images.

However, all said and done, I think that it is quite wonderful the way that so many people, you in particular, will offer helpful comments and support.
      Niall
      www.highlandclans.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X