Component Setup and Quickbooks Link Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Component Setup and Quickbooks Link Problem

My client has items that have a number of choices. These are set up in Actinic as Products with Components. Attributes. and Choices. They Components are linked to the actual "hidden" products. Each product is a box consisting of 25 of the "hidden" items. Everything works great except for when an order is brought in to Quickbooks. For some reason, even though inventory control is off in the main product (not the "real" hidden one), is on the order in Quickbooks. This means that Quickbooks tries to order 1 of the main product and then 25 of the actual item. There should be no order for the main product. Why is this happening when inventory control is off? How do we get Quickbooks from trying to order the top-level product. It's causing a lot of manual labor for my client since they have to delete the item every time there's an order. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Could you try one thing for me?

In the component, select 'Component as Separate Order Line' and also enter the correct price you want customers to pay in the component 'Price' field.

Then in the 'Component' tab of the main product, set the pricing model to 'Sum of Component Prices', and select 'No Order Line For Main Product'.

See if this makes a difference to QuickBooks when you transfer the order.

Comment

I think we did that before and it made the client invoice look strange, but I'll try it. If we have to sacrifice the look of the invoice to make it work with QB, so be it. Thanks Chris. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
      X