Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display Product Groups or Search?

Hi there,

Is it possible to display product groups within actinic the same way as sections are displayed?

I've got the site setup to display sections (with thumbnails etc) and I have 2 different ways of navigating the website..

The first way follows the structure of the actinic products and the second I want to display the product groups (with thumbnail and title)...

I thought if it wasn't possible to display the product groups easily I could modify the search results template to display the products the same way as actinic produces the sections... Can someone tell me how to modify this search results template so I can have products arranged in rows? Currently they just display straight down..

Obviously if there is another way to display products based on groupings then i'll do it that way...

I should also mention that i'm using a javascript menu system...

Thanks
    Stu
    Last edited by stusys; 11-Oct-2004, 12:23 PM. Reason: Missed off some info..

Hi there Stu

Is it possible to display product groups
    If you are talking about in "View | Business Settings | Product Group", having this listing in thumbnail, then the only way you can achieve this would be to create a section in actinic and have though products within that section. To achieve the thumbnail look you would need to edit the Act_Productline.html template.

Can someone tell me how to modify this search results template so I can have products arranged in rows? Currently they just display straight down..
    This is by a template called Act_ResultsTemplate.html. Bear in mind that if you change this, then the formatting would be to all searching.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi there Stu,

If I understand your original post correctly, I think we've just had to do something similar to what you're trying too.

Try these two threads...

Columns in Search Results

The above gets your search results formatted better, and then to link to 'groups' of products...

Link to Product Groups

Our sites still 'under development' (got a long way to go yet!) but you can get an idea of what we achieved by clicking here - if you go to the search dropdown and select a brand the search results are formatted across. Also if you click on the GHD picture down the right coloumn, that is how we got links to product groups (brands) working.

Hope this helps.

Graham

Comment

Thankyou for your posts, i'll check over your site...
        thanks again.,.
        Stu

Comment

Working...
        X