Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio Store & Multiple Sites

Hi,

Can nayone tell me when the version 7 of Audio Store is out? I need to upgrade. Also - I want to set up actinic on another site - i am using the limited 25 product version at the moment - if i get the 10,000 version can i set it up on multiple site or is it just for one site? If it is just for one is there a problem installing a few versions of actinic on the same computer that i will be admining the stuff from, ie can i install and run 3 stores from one pc?

Thanks in Advance

Andy

You will need Developer to run multiple stores. It (V7) already has Digital Download with it.
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Catalog

Right - but could i run two instance of Catalog on the one machine?

Andy

Comment

I can run V4, V5, V6 and V7 at the same time but can't run V7 twice
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

If you want to operate multiple sites under say Catalog operation on the same version, then this is achieved within the single copy of the Catalog using the Sites function, i.e. licence additional sites within the software - assuming you are on about exact same version numbers, which also accounts for Catalog, Business or Developer licenced sites

Comment

How much is it to get another license for v.7 then? When is audio store 7 out??

Andy

Comment

No different from purchasing 1 licence I am afraid, each new licence costs the same as it normally would.

If you need to operate multiple sites with Business features in them, then Developer is the way ahead for this, as 1 Developer is cheaper than 2 Businesses On a catalog side, if 2 cats is all that is ever going to be required by you, then single purchases of cat licences is cheapest, but once you look into 3 or 4 cats, then Dev is again the best option.

Also, from a future proof point of view, if you wanted to upgrade your sites in the future under a Cover package, you would do it on a per licence basis, whereas with Developer it is 1 Cover package.

A few links for you on calcs.
              http://www.4surehosting.co.uk/software/index.shtml
              http://www.4surehosting.co.uk/softwa...ic_cover.shtml
              http://www.4surehosting.co.uk/softwa...eveloper.shtml

Comment

PS: not sure when v7 Audio Store is out, but not long I believe.

Comment

audio

was told that months ago!
                  Another quick question - i have one merchant account with worldpay - i need to set up two stores- can i use the same account? and if so is there anyway of using two different e-mail addresses for reciepts for each store?

Andy

Comment

7.0.2 goes into beta today (I'll be posting a notice about it this afternoon) and all going well it will be released in a couple of weeks. When that happens, Audio-Store will be available.

With regards to WorldPay, if you have two stores for the same company I think you can use the same account - but if each store is a different company then you can't.

Comment

I belive that any additional usage of the initial WorldPay - Actinic installation needs to be validated by WorldPay for compliance as the first site/usage was or should have been.

If you need a completely separate set of payment pages at the WorldPay end, different WorldPay receipt contained email address for the shop etc, then you would need another Actinic installation under your WorldPay Merchant ID, which a quick call to them should be able to solve.

On the site side, your additional licensed actinic site can have a unique email address, which will cover it from that side.

Hope that answers that I think

Comment

developer

Hi,

Does developer come with the digitl download facility as included in the main price or is it extra to get it added on? Is the interface different to catalg in terms of building a store?

Andy

Comment

Yup, Business and above (Developer included in that) comes with Digital Download Module and Actinic Link now.

Interface is exactly the same across all v7 titles, as one installer now provides for all of the v7 titles, with the license key being the bit that opens up the extra options etc.

Comment

Can you run multiple doanload stores on business? Whats the difference between it and developer?

Andy

Comment

Catalog & Business licenses are for single site usage, i.e. the software will allow you under a single license to operate a single site.

With Developer you can personally run as many sites as you like, you simply use the File | Sites option to activate more sites under your 1 Developer license.

http://www.4surehosting.co.uk/softwa...eveloper.shtml

Comment

Working...
                              X