Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sage Line 50 v11 & Actinic

Please help me.

I am running Sage Line 50 v11 and linking to Actinic Business via Actinic Link.

I would like to enter all product information into Sage, including web images and details and then export them to Actinic. I seem to be able to enter the relevant information into Sage but it will not transfer in to Actinic via link.

When I select to transfer Standard Product Data in my Actinic Link Profile the products link fine but of course no web data is transferred. However, when I selcect the Sage Web Data Fields only customers are transferred.

Has anyone else found this to be the case?

Maybe I am doing something wrong? I would be grateful of any help or advice as I am new to Sage Line 50 and linking.

Many thanks.

It doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong. Can I ask you to post up a screenshot of the 'Products/Sections' tab from Actinic Link (press 'PrtScn' on your keyboard and then paste it into Word).

Also, take a look at the hierarchical file generated by Actinic Link in the 'Output' folder and just ensure there are no products in there. This will establish whether the issue is within Actinic Link or with Actinic Business having trouble with the import.

Wait a mo, I just had a brainwave. Have you selected the 'Publish to Web' checkbox for your products within the 'Web' tab in Sage? That could well be it.

Comment

For some reason print screen is not working (Its been one of those days)
      but the Product/Section screen in Sage to Actinic (Link) seems very straight forward.

There are no products within the import file when sage web fields are selected in Actinic Link.

I do select the publish to web box in sage but this does not seem to help. Also the box does not stay checked, eg it is not checked when I return to the product later. I do not know whether this is correct.

Maybe I need to get in touch with Sage? May be its due to it being Version 11 and is not 100% compatible. Has anyone used Version 11 successfully for this?

If you have any other ideas they would be appreciated.

In the mean time, if I get my print screen button working then I will post the required screen shot. Thanks Again.

Comment

I'm almost certain it's that 'Publish to Web' box that's the issue.... I'm using Sage v11 and I've just seen that it does not stay selected on mine either.

Mind you, I then ran Link and the product still exported, even though the box was not selected. Ho hum.

I would probably suggest registering an email support query at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and the team can investigate further.

Comment

Ho hum indeed.

I have taken your advice and put this problem to the support team, hopefully they can help. It will probably turn out to be something very trivial.

Time will tell.

Thank you.

Comment

Sage Line 50 problem

As Chris said earlier:

"I'm almost certain it's that 'Publish to Web' box that's the issue.... I'm using Sage v11 and I've just seen that it does not stay selected on mine either."

This is a bug in Sage Line 50, not in Actinic Ecommerce or Actinic Link.

"Mind you, I then ran Link and the product still exported, even though the box was not selected. Ho hum."

This is correct. The option to selectively export products is only available when the 'Sage web data fields' are used and selected in Actinic Link.

Regards,

Kevin Wilson
            Actinic

Comment

Sage Line 50

> This is a bug in Sage Line 50, not in Actinic Ecommerce or Actinic Link.

This is is Sage issue and is fixed in the latest Sage Line 50 patches

Sage Accounts v11 Service Pack 1
              Sage Accounts v11 HotFix 2

These are available from Sage support. Peter you have mail.

Regards,

Kevin Wilson
              Actinic

Comment

Well I have just found this topic as i have exactly the same problem, however I am using Sage Line50 v10! When I use Actinic Link to transfer from Sage to Actinic, the whole process seems to work fine with no errors, but the output file is blank.
                Using SellerDeck 2013 Business Plus

KTEC Group http://www.ktecgroup.co.uk

Label Printer & Barcode Systems

Comment

Hi there

On your Sage version; is the 'Publish to Web' box ticked?

Kind Regards
                  Nadeem Rasool
                  SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi There.

Just a note to say that I did download the patch from Sage and everything works fine. The publish to web box now stays checked and all selected products are transferred.

In answer to GreyKnight, check your publish to web box is staying checked. Also check that a description appears on the Sage Web Tab page as this is what will appear in Actinic.

If everything is OK check your Actinic Link Profile as you can select different ways of sending data. For example you can choose not to send product details, update stock only, send customer data only and so on. Make sure that you have the correct settings for what you wish to do.

Obvious I know, but the simplest error can cause the biggest problems, but we can all learn from our mistakes. (I certainly have).

Comment

Working...
                    X