HSBC Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSBC Error

I've set up my Actinic to use HSBC Secure ePayments and have the relevant information to start testing it. I'm currently running in test mode and when I make an order, I get the error 'HSBC order hash generation error!' when I get passed to the HSBC secure site.

I'm not sure whether this is an issue with HSBC or Actinic so I tohught I'd better put something here just in case someone can help. Im currently using Actinic v7.

Thanks!

sorry, just wanted to bump this up to give it a second chance

Comment

Not sure why it is doing this but worth checking the following:

1) correct store id entered
      2) correct cpi key entered (case dependant)
      3) HSBC have enabled the site

Comment

Hash is the correct word

We had nightmare problems with this.

The geniii at HSBC told us that we were morons [words to that effect] who could not enter the key correctly. They refused to email a confirmation which we could cut and paste for security reasons. The key was sent by post to the wrong address.

Eventually, after many frustrating calls they admitted that the key they sent was wrong. They sent us a new key and everything worked fine.

Having said that I am not sure that I would use HSBC as 50% of our orders fail due to their fraudshield system being thoroughly inadequate.
        Niall
        www.highlandclans.co.uk

Comment

Turns out my client got the hash key wrong. After putting in he corrct key, things still didn't work so HSBC faxed a new key for us to use which worked fine. The person at HSBC who dealt with everything was really good so I suppose they aren't all that bad.

Comment

Working...
          X