A Few Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Few Questions

Hey Everyone. I'm sure you all can help me.
    I'm setting up a catalog using Business V6.02 and when I enter a product, Actinic Enters it twice. What do I need to do so that as I enter new products, Actinic doesn't duplicate them?

I'm also using Layout 03 as a theme choice how do I get the section names on the left side to be smaller text than the Section names in the main part of the page?

What template do I need to use to put a line between each section ? It used to be child section template but when I put my html in there it does not work. Am I using the right template?

I also want a different line to separate each product, I must be using the wrong templates because the line i'm referencing does not show up. I am referencing the correct graphic I don't get a broken link or anything which leads be to believe I'm putting the html in the wrong template.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Regards!
    Annette

I'm setting up a catalog using Business V6.02 and when I enter a product, Actinic Enters it twice. What do I need to do so that as I enter new products, Actinic doesn't duplicate them?

Woah! I have never ever seen this before or ever heard of it before. Trouble is, that means that I have no way of recommeding how to fix it. What steps are you going through to create a product?

I'm also using Layout 03 as a theme choice how do I get the section names on the left side to be smaller text than the Section names in the main part of the page?

Go to 'Design | Options | Layouts' and look for the field marked 'Top Level Section Link Layout'. Click edit. Then look for where it says
    <span class="actxsmall">
    and replace it with
    <span class="actxxsmall">

What template do I need to use to put a line between each section ? It used to be child section template but when I put my html in there it does not work. Am I using the right template?

Edit the two templates in the 'Section Link Templates' section of 'Design | Options | Layouts'. The top one does the links in the bulk area of the page, the bottom one does the top-level links that go down the side.

I also want a different line to separate each product, I must be using the wrong templates because the line i'm referencing does not show up. I am referencing the correct graphic I don't get a broken link or anything which leads be to believe I'm putting the html in the wrong template.

The template you need to edit is Act_ProductSeparator.html.

Hope all this helps.

Comment

Re duplicate product.

If it only appears once in the Catalog product tree but twice on the Preview or Live site then it may be because you have a missing NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT or NETQUOTEVAR:ENDSEPARATOR in your product template.

If so check to see if your product template contains 2 sets of NETQUOTEVARS and look at one of the originals for how it should be.

Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

THANKS!!!

Well, I guess the gremilins were at work yesterday because when I logged on to Actinic today there was no duplicate of the product I added yesterday! I've been adding products today and no duplication has taken place! Maybe I hit a key twice or something?

Thanks so much for the template help.. it all worked beautifully.

One more thing...again I'm using Layout 03. I really like the top level section links on the left side of the page. I'd like them to be present there on product pages also. This way folks don't have to go up to the main section list again to go to another section, they can just click the top level section links on the left even if they were on a product page. Tight now, if you're viewing a product page the top level section list does not appear on the left side of the page.

How do I get those top level section lists to appear on the left on product pages? Thanks again for all your help!
        Regards!
        Annette

Comment

How do I get those top level section lists to appear on the left on product pages?

They should be there by default. Go to 'Design Options | Sections' and in the 'Location and Arrangment of Top Level Section List' area, ensure both 'Include in Front Page' and 'Include in all Except Front Page' are ticked.

Comment

Thanks Again!!!

Chris,
            Thanks so much for your help! This worked well! I'm really pleased with Actinic 6!
            Regards!
            Annette

Comment

Working...
            X