Discounts and Product Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discounts and Product Groups

OK its all working lovely, except....I've assigned a 10% discount on a trigger quantity of 5 to a product group but its not quite working as I expected.

At the moment if a shopper qualifies for the 10% discount on Product A from the group he also qualifies for the discount on Product B from the group even if he doesn't order over the trigger number of Product B. This is not how I want it!

Obviously I want to have the 10% discount given on Product A from the group if the trigger quantity is reached but I don't want to give the discount on Product B from the group if the trigger quantity is not reached.

How can I do this - I have searched everywhere before bothering the members of this forum!

Hi there

You need to create product groups to exclude certain products from the discounting. In Actinic go to "View | Product Groups" and create a group which has all "Product A".

Then in your discounting you will be able to select the Product Group.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Originally posted by Nadeem
      Hi there

You need to create product groups to exclude certain products from the discounting. In Actinic go to "View | Product Groups" and create a group which has all "Product A".

Then in your discounting you will be able to select the Product Group.

Kind Regards
      Thanks but I'm not quite with you. I have already created a product group which contains all the products for which I want to give a discount.

The problem is that if you qualify for a discount on one product from this group by ordering more than the trigger number, then you are automatically given a discount on products two, three, four etc WHETHER or not you order more or less than the trigger number of these products.

I want to apply the same discount to all of the Product Group but ONLY if the quantity of each product ordered is more than the trigger number e.g.

Product A from group Number ordered = 6 Qualifies for discount
      Product B from group Number ordered = 4 Does NOT qualify
      and so on......

Comment

The way discounting on product groups work is that the discount can be triggered when the customer buys any five products from the product group.

In order to do what you want, you need to place each of your products in their own individual product group, a product group that only contains one product, and then set up the reward in the same way as you have been doing.

Then the discount will only be offered if you buy five of a particular item.

Comment

Working...
        X