Section Links Missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section Links Missing

I've managed to get my section links showing on all pages except "Home" and "Terms and Conditions". I'm not bothered about links missing on the Home page as I will be deleting "Actinic Home" in favour of the Home page on my main site.

However, I don't seem to be able to get the section links showing on the Terms and Conditions page no matter what combination of boxes I click in Design/Options/Sections.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Hope someone can help.

Myles Sinclair
    www.magicalwonders.com

When you say sections, are you on about using the java script to position a list of all of the top sections etc within the pages, or are you on about the navigation buttons?

Also, are you using different templates (Design | Options | Layouts) that might be changing templates dependant on the current page being viewed maybe?

Comment

I'm referring to the various sections I create and add products to. I'm using a clean layout No.14, and the sections created automatically appear down the left hand side of the page.

All my sections use the same templates at the moment. For some reason the original Terms of Business page that is created when installing Actinic does not display any section links (even the example sections). It does show the navigation across the top, "Home" "Up" "Search" "basket" etc.,

I would like this page to show my various product sections and retain the continuity of the rest of the site.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Myles
      www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

There is a limitation at the moment with NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP (the variable that inserts the top-level section list) in that it only works currently on store pages. We are going to address this in a future maintenance release, but in the meantime the workaround is as follows.

Copy the following code into the HTML headers of Act_Primary.html (just underneath where it says <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actinicextras.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>):
        Code:
        <!--@act NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONS_RAW -->

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TYPE="text/javascript">
        <!--
        function SectionList(ar)
        	{
        	var strIDs = '<table border=0 width=100%>'
          	for (var i=1;i<=ar.length;i++)
          		{
        		if (ar[i].sURL !=null)
        			{
        			strIDs += '<tr><td><a href="' + ar[i].sURL + '"><span class="actxxsmall">' + ar[i].sName + '</span></a></td></tr>'
        			}
          		}
        	strIDs+='</table>'
          	return strIDs
          	}
        //-->
        </SCRIPT>
        Paste the following code within the overall layout template in place of NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP.
        Code:
        <script language=Javascript1.1>document.write(SectionList(sections))</script>

Comment

Thanks for the code Chris. Unfortunately it seems to have a couple of side effects.

It has made the font size of my section names slightly smaller and placed a line under the list.

The bigger problem is that I can no longer view my sections. I get the following warning when trying to view a section.

WARNING!!
          The link you selected would normally run a CGI script.

This facility is not available in preview mode.

I assume I can get rid of the line by removing the line in the code. However, not being able to preview my pages is a real problem.

Any ideas?

Can I construct my own Terms and Conditions page?

Myles
          www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Although the section links don't work in preview, they will work fine in the uploaded store.

To restore the size of the section links, remove the
            <span class="actxxsmall">
            and
            </span>
            from the <script> code which you put in the the head area.

In order to see the 'line' you are referring to, could you show me the uploaded site? Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Chris,

I guessed that this would work once uploaded, it's just that it's a bit tricky not being able to preview how things look when making changes. It's almost like working blind and hoping for the best.

I think I'll revert to the original template until I'm ready to upload. (Haven't signed up with a webhost yet!). Maybe downloading the necessary software to view locally maybe a solution.

The line problem appears to have been caused at my end when I cut and pasted your code into Notepad. For some reason it created a line in the code that shouldn't be there! Oops!

Norman mentioned that he thinks Actinic offers online test facilities. Do I qualify for use of this, or is it too late now that I've bought the software?

Myles
              www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

We do offer online trial facilities for 30 days. You can register at http://trials.actinic.com/

Comment

Working...
                X