Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing out the Anchor in ss000001.pl

Hi,

Does anyone know how to succesfully eliminate the Anchor tag thats added to links within the search results generated from ss000001.pl?

thanks
    stu

Can you elaborate on what you mean by the anchor tag that is added to the links? Are you on about the actual links that it produces?

The template that controls this is in the template managers search tab, under the search results button, if that helps, but if not if you can elaborate on what you mean, can point you in the right direction hopefully.

Comment

Hi there,

When a link is produced it has an achor tag at the end of it.. i.e. /acatalog/Dolce_and_Gabbana_Underwear_Ribbed_Brief.html#a22

I want to remove the '#a22' as I want to use these searches as hard coded links for a menu i'm building...

Thanks fro the reply..
      Stu

Comment

Hi there

All you need to do is remove the
        <Actinic:S_LINK/>
        and the
        </A>
        from Act_ResultsTemplate.html.

Comment

Hi,

That removes the whole link from the search results... I just want to remove the Anchor part of the link (#23) from the results...

I want to be able to use some hard coded links for a javascript menu and found the search option was ideal.. However when the results are created, you click on a link and the page moves down to the anchor tag, something I do not want..

Thanks
          Stu

Comment

Just link to the section rather than the product using a link of the following form:

http://your.URL/cgi-bin/ss00000x.pl?SECTIONID=Section%5fPage%2ehtml&NOLOGIN=1

Where:

· http://your.URL/cgi-bin is the URL of your CGI-BIN
            · ss00000x.pl is the name of your search script with the 'x' replaced with your CGI ID number
            · Section%5fPage%2ehtml is the filename of your desired page. Note that you have to encode any non-alphanumeric characters so an underscore '_' becomes '%5f' and a full stop '.' becomes '%2e'.
            · &NOLOGIN=1 is an essential thing to add to the end of the URL to order to bypass the login page

Comment

Hi,

I cant link to actual sections because these sections don't exist.

I've got 2 javascript menus running, one runs down the structure within actinic and the other is based on a different structure. I didn't want to create duplicate entries, and figured that using the search option would be my best alternative.

This way I can offer shoppers two ways of shopping via the javascript menu, which is by Brand (actinic structure) and by Type of item.

The search string works great, its dislays everything how I awnt it, except the Anchor tag. I want to remove this, so the page doesn't skip down to the statr of the product (which is below the top of the page) so its consistent with all the other pages...

Thanks
              Stu

Comment

Before getting into the Perl, will this solution work?: if you remove the <a name="NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTANCHOR"> and </a> tags from the product layout template, then the browser will always go to the top of the page as it will not be able to find the anchor.

Comment

Hi there, I already ckecked that and found that I had already removed the PRODUCTANCHOR tag out of the Product template... So am guessing Actinic creates these on the fly?

Stu

Comment

I've taken a look at the .pl code and tried commenting out the Anchor section, but it broke the code and the search didn't run at all.. Any help would be very much appreciated! been driving me mad!

Thanks
                    Stu

Comment

I'm sure that if you removed <A NAME="NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTANCHOR"> and </A> from all the templates you are using it should work as required.

I've just tested this on mine and it worked fine.

Comment

Hi,

I haven't got any PRODUCTANCHOR's in my templates...

I had a FRAGMENTANCHOR, which I have removed and it made no difference...

Stu

Comment

Can I see a live URL to see what you are referring to? At the moment I am a bit lost.

Comment

yes me too!

http://www.aware.aissys.com/cgi-bin/...=-1&TB=A&SHOP=

When I click on the first result... I get the #a22 at the end of the link

http://www.aware.aissys.com/acatalog...Brief.html#a22

Looking in the actual code there is an <a name="a22"> tag within the code, however in my templates there are no product anchor tags.... very confusing...

Thanks
                            Stu

Comment

My Apologies... I've located the Anchor part of the product template and indeed it does what you said... Thankyou... Not quite sure how I missed it before!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X