Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicat product

Hi,

I suppose that this question has already be posted, but I don't find the solution.

I have created a product, and made 3 duplicates in 3 different sections. I would like that, if I make a change on my original product ( for example I add some words in the description) , the change is made automatically also on the duplicate products. Actually, if I change something on the original product, I have to make the same on the dupliacte products and for me, it's not a solution.
    Is there a more easy way?

Thank you,

Bruno

www.belgianshop.com

Not automatically, so you would need to do it manually in all duplicates.

A lot of people make use of the duplicates in a different context from the main original product, thus making its content unique to that area that the duplicate resides, which is a good thing, but maybe an option that enables or disables the original products description might be usefull so that a choice per product could be decided on by the site operator.

Comment

I am not sure that this is possible. I have only just started doing a bit of digging on version 7 and I think the way that shortcuts are handled (to a master product) is that the software merely creates a new entry in the mdb database but gives the new shortcut product references a prefix.
      So if you had a product called AA and then created two shortcuts to this product reference the database entries in the product table seem to have references of 1!AA and 2!AA respectively each with their own product attributes.
      This seems a bit of a fudge and it would have been better if susequent products referred to their data by means of a product unique identifier which was held by the master product.
      I guess the only advantage to these shortcuts is that the stock levels are maintained for the single master item?
      I guess if my summary is correct then you could update the table entries for the shortcuts from the entry from the master product... then this may be regarded as a bit of a hack.
      Then again I may well be woofing up the incorrect large plant which has a thick trunk and leaves....(the plant that is, not the dog)
      AJ
      Andrew Fish
      Http://www.BatteryShed.co.uk
      For all your battery requirements at prices less than in the high street.
      "Batteries without the overcharging"

Comment

One other way to update duplicates is to use the 'Edit | Find' feature in Actinic to locate all duplicate instances of a product in the tree. If you set 'Business Settings | Options' to show the product references in the tree, you can search on product references as well.

Comment

Working...
        X