Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excluding VAT from certain products

Hi,

For my shop I sell almost all products that are affected by VAT. However as far as I am aware books are VAT exempt. How can I set up my books to be calculated without VAT?

Thanks
    Ken
    London Kettlebells

HI.
    If you go to 'product details' 'vat' and under tax rate click exempt selection.

Zippydiver

Comment

Cheers!

This is a great community by the way, very supportive

Ken
      London Kettlebells

Comment

Hi Ken,

You probably know this already but there is a big difference between goods being exempt from VAT and being zero-rated for VAT. You may find that your books are zero-rated rather than exempt.

BTW This is a good thing - you get to charge 0% VAT so your customers don't pay a higher price; and you can claim all the input VAT that you have paid out. You would not necessarily be able to do this if some of your sales are exempt.

Apologies if you know all that but I thought I'd better mention it.

Cheers,
        Richard

Comment

Ha ha!

I must have misunderstood that actually. I know the difference between zero VAT and exempt but always thought books were exempt. I think I should be calling my accountants more. They are fitness training books if that makes any difference. We've just introduced them and only sold a few copies.

Time to chase after some VAT, cheers mate
          London Kettlebells

Comment

Working...
          X