Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show customers IP address on homepage ?

Hello all,

I have seen a few websites that show the visitors IP address with "Your IP address has been recorded for security purposes" as a simple line of text followed by the IP address or a pop up box.

I would like to do this on my shops home (index) page but prefer the line of text instead of a pop up box.

I found some javascript but it failed to work.

Can someone point me in the right direction and tell me which actinic html page to edit, I still get confused with the way actinic names pages.

Cheers

Mick

p.s. sorry to those who have replied to earlier posts and have not had a response from me, have been very very busy
    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Hi there Mick

It would be easier to put the javascript coding within your Act_Primary.html. If you place it here, then the message will appear in all the store pages.

To get to the act_primary.html, simply go to "Advance | Template Manager". Click on the "Main" tab, then click on "Primary" button.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

ISP address

Sounds a good idea , can you tell me where to buy this script from please?

thanks

sam@fastdisplays.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Nadeem,

Unfortunately I can only find the code that issues a pop up box and it would drive people mad if it popped up on every page. The ideal place would be where the headers and footers are.................?

Cheers
        Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Show visitors IP address

Assuming your server is Linux and suppports SSI, you can use:

<!--#echo var="REMOTE_ADDR"-->

Just add the snippet to Act_Primary.html and way to go.

If SSI does not work for you then let me know and I will provide a workaround.

If your server is not linux - let me know as I have a solutions for ASP as well.

Regards
          Bensaro

Comment

Working...
          X