Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

checkout page for cheques is not working

hi there all,

i need to edit the checkout for cheques page on my website and at the moment get an error message which goes to "http://www.decorativextras.com/cgi-bin/os000012.pl"

All i need to do is create a simple page saying where to send the cheque and a link in the bottom of the page to go back to the homepage, which i could do if i knew where to edit it.

I looked in my site 1 directory and foynd this file, os000012, it was a notpad file with lotts of script i just did not understand.

can someone explain to me in simple terms how i can just simply drop in some text to a page using dreamweaver? I want to keep the actinic border for my site with this page (if anyone understands what imean). I am not good with the web, so please can you make the instructions as simple as possible.

My website address is www.DecorativeXtras.com

Thanks for all your help.

Anil
    Thanks for all help everyone!!

www.decorativextras.com

The payment options and templates used to display these options are within the orders templates, Advanced | Templates Manager | Orders tab then order00, 01, 02 and so on.

The resultant pages for sending of cheque payments are shown by the scripts pulling in this information dependant on what the customer selects for the payment method, so you will see lots of solutions amongst the ordering templates.

I think if you are not that keen on html and adjusting the Actinic templates, then doing it yourself might cause more problems than you gain with you ending up with script errors and the like, but that is where all of that information is sourced and delivered from.

Best of luck..

Comment

hi there,

thanks for the advice, i have tried it now and the web page has somehow started working, the only thing it does not tell the customer is who to make the cheque payable out to. I have been to the ordering tab on the teplate manager box and have copied and pasted each teplate, order phase 0-4 in frontpage to see which it is and its none of them. all i can see is lotts of boxes with netquotes, no text that makes sence. If i could see text, then i could simply add another line to say who to make the cheque out to.

But i cant see any page that looks like it or any page that has the same address as one that kept on failing previously.

Am i looking at the right pages? 'order phase' pages?

or do you think it best that i just let it be that its working? strange how it just stopped anyhow.

thanks anyway for all your time and help,

Anil
      Thanks for all help everyone!!

www.decorativextras.com

Comment

You are looking at the right area. The file you need to edit is called Act_Order04.html and this is the template which creates the online receipt. Add some text into there, upload it and see where it appears. You can then refine the positioning of the text as necessary.

Comment

Working...
        X