Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sale confirmation emails not being sent

hi there all,

firstly thanks for all the help in the past.

I have a little problem, my customers are not getting confirmation emails about orders they have placed. I made a dummy order and did not get one myself. I also cant send them out via actinic, confirmation of orders delivery etc. It just keeps failing.

Can this be anything to do with a new isp? I have now new usernames etc, do i need to enter this in actinic somewhere, or is the problem much worse than this?

My website is www.DecorativeXtras.com

thanks

Anil
    Thanks for all help everyone!!

www.decorativextras.com

Within the Advanced | Network Settings page, what do you have in the SMTP server address?

You might want to try the "localhost" without the quotes which works well a lot of the time...

Comment

hi there,

when you say localhost do you mean the actual words localhost or do you mean my local isp: smtp.uk.aol.com ????

sorry, this may be a silly question, but i have never done anything with these settings before. The text that was in there before was:

mail.donhost.co.uk

i have tried both 'smtp.uk.aol.com' and 'localhost' (without the ' ) and place an order with my own email address and did not recieve a confirmation for either order.

what do you think the next step is?

also when trying to send mails via prossess and payment tab / mail (in the order details popup window) i have the the rror message:

"Failed to communicate with the SMTP server.

Possible Cause:
      Network transmission problems.

Recommendation:
      Retry

Resolution:
      If retry fails, check your SMTP settings
      or contact your ISP.

The error was:
      58328anil@kumar01.freeserve.co.ukError returned from SMTP server (3: ACCESS DENIED

Command: send Filename:"

when i have replaced it with the original stmp address that was originally there the mail i get error boxes that say:

"the server returned an invaild or unrecognised responce"

then

"there was an error sending the mail. you can try to send it again later."

any ideas anyone? this seems like a sticky situation.

www.decorativextras.com

Comment

Yes, localhost the word is what was meant

are you still with donhost?? If so, then so long as they say your hosting package with them can send out smtp emails from the server through that smtp server, then it should work, so if you are with them, then you should speak with them.

Placing your own dialup ISP smtp server in there will not work, as AOL have nothing to do with your website hosting, so unlikely they would have open relays available for you to port 25 through.

Have you asked your host about this? i.e. do they allow smtp traffic out from their hosting accounts?

Comment

oooh, one other thing.

Within View | Business Settings | Ordering tab, do you have the following enabled:

Email Required on New Order, and
          Send Receipt Email to Customer??

Comment

hi there,

i do have these setting checked, so they are enabled. I will just have to get back to my host about this. thanks for all your help. Hope i can get this sorted,

Regards

Anil

www.decorativextras.com

Comment

Who is your host, maybe someone on here also uses them for their Actinic site and might be able to provide first hand advice.

Comment

i think its myhosting.com, but not sure as my web developers charge me for hostin (prosite).

But i have forwarded this link to them and hopefully i can get a quick solution for the problem,

again thanks,

Anil

www.decorativextras.com

Comment

Working...
                X