Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discount error?

Hi

I have a problem with a Catalog v7 site (a test version of which is at http://www.g-vis.co.uk/potashtest/).

The site offers plants for sale, which must be in multiples of 6, but can be made up of any combination. Therefore an individual plant can be added, and has a price of 217 pence.

There are three discounts applied to the order, the first to correct the price from £13.02 (which is 217*6) to £13.00 for a box of six. Similar discounts are set up for 12, 18, 24, 30 and 36 plants.

The second discount is for a multiple box order i.e if the order value is £26.00 (12 plants) subtract £2.50 = £23.50, and if £39.00 subtract £5.00 etc.

The third discount is a time based one - if you order before the beginning of January, you get £1.00 per box off so £13.00 has £1.00 off, £23.50 has £2.00 off etc.

I thought that these discounts were processed in sequence, so that the result from the first one (ie £13.00 rather than £13.02) was used as the value tested in the second one, and the result from that second discount used for the third.

But things are breaking down with the higher value orders and too much discount is applied.

The only answer I can see is that the value tested for the third discount is the initial value of the order, rather than the value AFTER the second discount has been applied.

Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks, Dan
    adaptive-image.co.uk

Hi there

first to correct the price from £13.02 (which is 217*6) to £13.00
    Are you finding out that some of your products are a penny out. If so it would be better for you to use CUSTOM tax, rather than use the discounting feature.

In Actinic there is a rule for discounting, which is to have the highest level along the top and lowest towards the bottom.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

No, I have individually priced plants at 217 pence, so that a customer can make up a box of 6 by ordering any combination of individual plants - this results in a price for a box of 6*217 = £13.02. I then apply a standard discount to remove £0.02 from any order which totals £13.02. This was the first set of discounting values used, and corrects to the standard £13.00 for a box price.

I then had two further types of discount applied in certain situations. My problem was that I had assumed that these subsequent discounts would apply based on the RESULT of the first discount - ie based on £13.00 - but I have since discovered that if I base the second discount on the initial order value of £13.02, everything works fine.

Thanks, Dan
      adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X