Simple search and custom properties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple search and custom properties

Is it possible to have the simple search include searching on custom properties?

Mark

Only in Business version of the software is it possible to search on Custom Properties.......... But watch this space as it may be appearing in a Catalog version release quite soon as an new added feature for Catalog users

Comment

Hmm, well i have business version but it doesn't appear to be working.

I have checked the 'searchable' box when applying the custom property to a product and the custom properties are listed in View>Search settings>Searchable properties.

In advanced searching the options to search on the custom properties appear but if I seach for the value of a custom property using simple search it isn't returned in the results.

Any ideas..?

Mark

Comment

Ahhh sorry, might have been given duff info there.

To search on custom properties you need to include the custom search input property along with some and or expressions.

Try playing with the search page, i.e. do a search from that page using the custom property drop down with a selection in it, and then take a look at what is placed into the url bar of your broswer, then replicate the piece that you need which includes the custom property name search bit.

Sorry about that.

Comment

Cheers

I'll have a play around, I mightt just go with the advanced search rather than simple anyway.

Mark

Comment

Working...
          X