Path from FTP server to Catalog Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Path from FTP server to Catalog Problems

Hi, grateful if anyone can help on this issue as it's doing my head .

I'm currently setting up the Advanced | Network Setup, I've found all the pathings from my host, which is fasthosts by the way, but when I click test I'm prompted with the following:

The directory specified as the path from the CGI-BIN to the acatalog directory does not exist on the web server. Check the path. Also see the on-line help for "Path from FTP server to Catalog".
    The online help confirmed that what I've set is right, but it doesn't work.

My Path to CGI-BIN to acatalog set is ../acatalog/
    My Path to CGI-BIN is htdocs/cgi-bin/

The acatalog folder is at htdocs/acatalog

After this error I also get this;
    The script does not have permission to write to the web site directory.
    Are these related?

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried the Wizard in the network setup dialog to see if it can transverse this for you.

Also, try a / at the beginning of your paths.

Comment

If you search the forum for 'fasthosts' you'll find a few previous threads about the correct network settings for them. You should also check previous posts for 'permissions' as you may need to change the current settings on your server directories.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Fasthosts Server Permissions

Having spoken to fasthosts and actinic on multiple occassions about my issues it appears that it is all down to incorrect permissions on the fasthosts servers.

The suggestion from actinic to change the server type from windows to linux hasn't solved it and my recommendation for anyone using actinic is not to use it on any type of fasthosts server at all.

Does anyone have any information about setting the server permissions so I can tell fasthosts how to do this?

Thanks again.

Comment

You can normally set the file permissions yourself using most ftp programs. You need to set the permission of your cgi-bin to 755 not 644, and the /acatalog/ folder to 777.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
          X