Coming soon layout for products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming soon layout for products

I like the New! layout but it would also be great to have a coming soon! layout just to generate interest and awareness for products that are, erm, coming soon

Any ways of doing this or plans for the next version of Actinic?

Ken
    I will be signing off for the evening this time, honest
    London Kettlebells

Well, you could create your own version of that product template.

Open the template up and save as Act_ComingSoon.html.

Create an alternate image to the new image and save it to the site1 folder and replace the new image with your comingsoon image.

Then, when you use this template for the coming soon product just create the product with the option "Can Be Ordered Online" is not enabled.

That should do what you want

Comment

Its been ages since I tried this

But what template do I need to change and where?

Thanks
      Ken
      London Kettlebells

Comment

Another option if you have the product details already is to enter the product details into the relevent sections and then hide them on the website.

Create a new section called "Coming Soon" and copy the products into the section - then under the section LAYOUT tab select "override default settings" and then list placement "none" ... if you combine this with a simple product layout you get an elegent listing to tease people... when the products arrived simply delete from the "Coming Soon" section and un-hide in the main listing. You can combine this with a "New Arrivals" section as per the "Coming Soon" section

Alternatively simply remove the "can be ordered online" check against the new products so they can see the details but not add to cart - but this means people have to trawl the site to find them

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X