Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error when updating/refreshing.

Hi

When I attempt to update or refresh my site, I get an error message every time without fail.

It reads: An error occurred while merging files on the remote site. Error copying from 'file' file.

I have spent hours and hours repeating the process hoping it will work just one time.

Anybody have any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks

Ben.

This could be down to the permissions set on your server. Check the permissions on both the cgi-bin and acatalog folder. I can't remember the correct ones offhand but a quick search of the forum will find them.

You could also check that you've got passive ftp enabled in the network setup although if it was this I'd expect it to fail at a different point each time.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi

thanks for the reply.

I haven't tried anything with the permissions yet, but I did try again.

I then got a slightly different error message. It said:
      200 type set to A
      500 RT not understood
      500 LPRT not understood

Also, what confuses me, I have been able to update and refresh without any problems for several weeks (sometimes there are slight problems with time outs and that sort of stuff) but now it all seems to have gone pear shaped.

Could the thing with the permissions have just chaned all of a sudden? Why did it work a week ago, but doesn't work now

Thanks.

Ben.

Comment

Who are you hosting with?

Have they made any changes to the server recently?

Comment

Hi

I don't know who the host is because it is not out own hosting setup. We are just temporarily using someone elses whilst we are testing everything. Luckily the site isn't properly live.

As far as I know, no changes have been made. But I have asked the person whose hosting setup it is if there are any reasons why it isn't working. Waiting for a reply.

It is really getting to me now as I can't update it and because it never completes the update procedure, when you visit the site, there are lots of pages not working. Try explaining this one to the client tomorrow morning.

Don't suppose anyone knows a free host which will support an actinic store do they? (just temporarily until the proper hosting is set up? - no, didn't think so )

Ben.

Comment

If I were you I'd set up the 'live' host now.

There's nothing worse than getting everything working on a 'test' host and then having to do the same thing again when everything is ready to roll.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

has it ever worked

Has your store ever worked ?
              s a b b i e t a g e d

(*^_^*)

A wise Monkey never monkies with another Monkies Monkey ..

Comment

Hi

Yeah it worked fine until about a week ago and then it started having problems. (I have been away this week hence i didn't post earlier)

I have spoken to the person who owns the web space and he assured me nothing has changed at his end of the hosts end, he checked the permissions and they seemed to be alright.

Ben.

Comment

try this ..

Erm .. do this at own risk .. but it always works for me ..

1. Go to your local site folder within your Actinic folder and delete all files ending in .cat, .fil, .pl and pm.

2. Go to the folder called 'Original' in the Actinic folder and copy all the .pl and .pm files. Now paste these back in to your site folder.

3. Log on to your FTP and delete all of the .cat and .fil files in the Acatalog directory.

4. Delete all .pl and .pm files from your cgi-bin on the remote server.

When you have done this now go back to Actinic and re-fresh your site and this time it should all be working!
                  s a b b i e t a g e d

(*^_^*)

A wise Monkey never monkies with another Monkies Monkey ..

Comment

All sorted

Hi

I spoke to the person whose web space it is, he allocated me some different space and it is all working fine.

And we are getting the real hosting set up by Friday.

Thanks

Ben

Comment

Working...
                    X