OnMouseOver issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OnMouseOver issues...

I have just upgraded from actinic 4 to actinic 6 and had to use the upgrader utility. For the most part it worked correctly. I'm having an issue on all my image rollovers the

I get a script error when I hover over any of my links saying 'object expected'. I can see the problem but not sure where to correct the issue.

OnMouseOver="onhnav_sections();"

In this example the javascript should be calling the onhnav_sections() function to pull up my image when the mouse is over but it can't be found. The Act_NavigationItem.html template file from version 4 to version 6 has changed and the version 6 is missing some javascript, but it's being generated some other place. This is the issue I'm having.

Please let me know if anyone has come across this issue.

Thanks,
    Jason

ps. Could it be the an external .js file causing this issue or maybe the image path is not getting set correctly.....

Are you sure it's not just the OnMouseOver? In my books there are no capitals in onmouseover, although it's a bit of a long shot.

If it's not that, please post a link so we can take a look.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The OnMouseOver is automatically generated by actinic. The issue is the function part of the event. The "onhnav_sections();" is the object that is missing. Not sure where this is being created or why it isn't being found.

I have to upgrade another site and will try to see if I get the same result.

Please keep posting if you come up with anything.

Thanks,
      Jason

Comment

OK. It seems like what you've got is relic code from V4 in your Act_Primary (or Act_header) instead of the V6 way.

V6 uses two JavaScript files for rollovers and other helper routines. I.e.:-

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actiniccore.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
        <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actinicextras.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>

which should be referenced in your Act_Primary.html as above.

The icon mousover navigation code is created from Act_NavigationItem.html which I think is called using NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE. Perhaps this isn't being referenced correctly and you old code is being used instead.

Just to make things more interesting the NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE code call can be either in Act_Primary.html or Act_Header.html depending on the theme you use and won't use any mousover routines if you use a theme that has text only navigation links.

If the above doesn't help you may have to compare your site with a working V6 one in order to see what's going on. Easiest way would be to install a demo V6 on a spare system.

Norman

Comment

Found the solution, the mouseover template wasn't set to use the image swap. So that solved that issue.

Now the problem I'm having is when I've uploaded my site it looks ok, but when I go to checkout or anything inside the cgi-bin all my images are missing and my rollover links cause an error.

I'm not impressed with the upgrading from version 4 to version 6. I guess it works fine for sites with no modified templates, but I have altered many of the template files.

I have update one other site for a client who basically had no modified templates and that worked ok. The current site I'm upgrading is a mess.

Comment

Again without being able to see your site it's hard to advise but I think you've probably not got the following line in Act_primary.html

<Actinic:BASEHREF VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:BASEHREF"/>

This is usually right after the </tiltle> tag. Have a look at a working V6 sites templates to see how it should be.

Norman

Comment

Here is the line you are talking about.
              <BASE HREF="http://www.christmasfiberoptics.com/acatalog/">

I'm wondering if under my network setup if the paths are not correct.

Under advanced network setup....

Path from CGI-BIN to acatalog Directory is...

I could set the paths to all my image files to be absolute so they are all going to a href="http"//www....." instead of having a relative path, but shouldn't the navigation buttons and the checkout, confirm be referenced by actinic correctly? It's strange, the other site I uploaded worked fine.

I appreciate your help and if you have any other ideas please keep posting. If I come acrossed anything I'll make sure to post the solution.

Thanks,
              Jason

Comment

It could be that path from CGI-BIN. It's usually something like ../htdocs/acatalog/ or ../acatalog/ It's not normal to have cgi-bin inside the catalog directory as your reply of .. indicates.

Regarding the <Actinic:BASEHREF ...> the line I first posted is from Act_Primary.html is it in your Act_primary.html? The line you replied with seems to be from a CGI generated page and looks OK (assuming that www.christmasfiberoptics.com/acatalog/ ias where your catalog files are).

Norman

Comment

The cgi-bin path isn't ..
                  I didn't include the path to the screen, I've check with other sites and it looks correct.

One thing I've noticed is on other sites I've helped out with we've had an index.html page that is outside the acatalog folder and that is what gets displayed. Then there would be a link to shop from the index.html which would go to a page inside the acatalog folder.

The site I'm working on now, uses the index.html directly from the acatalog folder when the url is entered and when I hover over any link it shows the domain.com/item.html vs. domain.com/acatalog/item.html.

So this may be the issue, I know on other sites I've looked at if I typed domain.com/acatalog/index.html it gets me to the actinic catalog body page. When I do this now I get an error.....

Not Found
                  The requested URL /acatalog/Christmas_Fiber_O_Halloween_65.html was not found on this server.

Is Actinic designed to allow the index.html inside the acatalog to be the main page? I know version 6 uses the brochure to allow you to create a main page etc. But if we don't use the brochure option can we use the index from inside the acatalog folder?

Any ideas?

Comment

Ok I believe I'm close to the problem now. I went back and looked closer at the basehref tag. Below is what is generated on the pages that look correct.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><TITLE> Christmas Fiber Optics Company Christmas Fiber&#45;O</TITLE><Actinic:BASEHREF VALUE="http://www.christmasfiberoptics.com/acatalog/"/><META NAME="ACTINICTITLE" CONTENT="Christmas Fiber&#45;O">

Below is what gets generated by pages such as add to cart and checkout...

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><TITLE> Christmas Fiber Optics Company Order Details</TITLE><BASE HREF="http://www.christmasfiberoptics.com/acatalog/"><META NAME="ACTINICTITLE" CONTENT="Order Details"><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

Looks like there is a slight difference in the basehref tag. Could this be the issue and if so where do I go to change this (header area of the cgi-bin scripts)?

Comment

That all looks OK to me.

The ><Actinic:BASEHREF VALUE="http://www.christmasfiberoptics.com/acatalog/"/> gets processed by the perl scripts to output the HTML tag you see as <BASE HREF="http://www.christmasfiberoptics.com/acatalog/">

So assuming that the url is correct your cgi generated pages should be able to find the images from the acatalog directory.

Norman

Comment

Working...
                      X