Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sage 50 product data base

Hi

I have recently aquired v7 business and I would like some advise on importing a number of products initially 7000 - 8000 some will need up to two subsections

In anyones experience would it be better to

1) create an external data base in excell

2) initially put the product ranges into sage line 50 then use that link for actinic

3) put everything into excell then convert to a csv file an import it using hierachical import structure

the easiest way would be best for me as I am ashamed to say my experience with this kind of thing is a little limited so any help would be much apreciated

cheers

rod
    Best regards

Rod
    www.btshowroom.com
    www.btwarehouse.net

Hi Rod

The easiest way to do what you are trying to do would be to import your products via a flat file import.

To create a subsection with a section you use the '|' symbol in your import file.

I.e dvds|comedy would create a section called section called dvds, with a subsection within it called comedy.

You can find a working example of the flat import file in site1/common/SampleFlatImportFile.csv if you have a look at that you can use that example to create your own falt import file.

Hope that helps

Comment

transferring products from actinic into sage

We need to transfer products from actinic into sage - upon importing a flat file into sage the program crashes every time - does anyone know if it is possible to transfer products in this direction, and if so, how can this be done?

Comment

Hi,

We need to transfer products from actinic into sage - upon importing a flat file into sage the program crashes every time - does anyone know if it is possible to transfer products in this direction
        I'm afraid that the Actinic Link cannot transfer products to Sage (only orders). Have you read the Sage help files to do with importing so you can check that you have your import file in the correct format? Other than that I can only suggest that you contact Sage to find out why your import file crashes the program.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Judith

Did you ever solve this? and if so How?

Chris
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
          X