Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earn coupon codes for other sites

Hi all,

We're just upgrading to business, so that we can take advantage of the coupon discounts. However, one of our promotions will be that we give customers a coupon to use on a partner's site, but only if they buy, say, £30 of goods from us.

Therefore, the benefit wouldn't be a discount or a free item, but a bit of text, preferably on the receipt. Would a digital download solve this problem or is there a better way.

many thanks

Charles

I've thought some more about this... and think I need to edit the PERL scripts.

I need to display this voucher code (predefined, doesn't change - ie a chunk of text) on the order confirmation page, and the confirmation email, but ONLY if the order subtotal is over £20.00 or whatever.

I had a quick look at the perl script for the confirmation page, and have found the section that generates the subtotal, so it shouldn't be too difficult to add in some extra conditional code just after that.

ie if subtotal > 20 then display text else don't display.

Obviously the text should be positioned appropriately on the page.

Has anyone else done this, or something similar - and were there any problems?

Thanks

Charles

Comment

Can you not set a free item for orders over £??.?? and as you mention send a digital download file with the coupon code and instructions on how & where to use it.
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
      X