Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are sorry, the combination you selected is unavailable at present

I've received this error message:

We are sorry, the combination you selected is unavailable at present due to Ref S00-03 being out of stock.

but I dont want to have any stock control on my website.... Have I accidently turned something on? And more importantly how do I turn it off so that any product can be ordered?

Go into View | Business Settings and ensure that the checkbox for "Disable Automatic Stock Monitoring" is ticked to switch it off

Comment

Originally posted by Support@Techno-
      Go into View | Business Settings and ensure that the checkbox for "Disable Automatic Stock Monitoring" is ticked to switch it off
      It is already switched off which is why I don't understand the error message!

However some items seem to have a maximum order quantity of 0 (zero) now as a flower shop I dont need to worry about stock levels so can anyone explain if this is the casue and why the 0 value has been assigned. I certainly have not typed in the value..

This is even more confusing as some items with a max quantity of 0 can be purchased, and the item that is playing up i've set the level to two!

Comment

If you had the stock control enabled before, then it could have reached zero by itself as you tested added these items and ordered them.

Add in qty's above the levels of your disable and update the site, then place an order to see if the stock drops again.

Comment

Originally posted by Support@Techno-
          If you had the stock control enabled before, then it could have reached zero by itself as you tested added these items and ordered them.

Add in qty's above the levels of your disable and update the site, then place an order to see if the stock drops again.

Hmmm I've tried enabling the stock control for an item and have 99 stock but I still cant order it! Now Im really confused....

Comment

It sounds like maybe your store could do with a refresh as it has clearly not updated the online *.cat files with the latest data from your store.

Long term, I would suggest going to 'View | Stock Levels' and unticking 'Monitored?' for all your products, but also entering a stock level of '100' for each product. This should definitely fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
              It sounds like maybe your store could do with a refresh as it has clearly not updated the online *.cat files with the latest data from your store.

Long term, I would suggest going to 'View | Stock Levels' and unticking 'Monitored?' for all your products, but also entering a stock level of '100' for each product. This should definitely fix it.

I've been pulling my hair out all night - I even created a new site a just copied over the dodgy products.... HOWEVER I have discovered the problem and its not related to stock levels - What seems to be the cause is that the Permutations have no value in the product field rather than the usual (None).

Is this a bug?
              How have I managed to get an empty value in this field?
              Is there going to be a easy wasy to get this populated?

Here's the screen shot

http://www.smiffy.info/actinic.jpg

Comment

How very odd. As soon as you click in the field and then click out of it, it should change to '(None)'. How many products do you have? Even with a large store, it is probably not going to be more than about 30 mins of clicking.

Comment

How very odd. As soon as you click in the field and then click out of it, it should change to '(None)'. How many products do you have? Even with a large store, it is probably not going to be more than about 30 mins of clicking.
                  Hmmm - it doesn't work like that... On my master site, it takes a few seconds to populate the drop down list. I get a %age bar while the list generates, but this get to 100% but stays on the screen. At this point I have to force actinic to close from the task manager.

However if I copy these products onto their own site, and try the same producedure you suggested I have to pick another product and then change that to "none", simple clicking on "none" the first time is it not applyed.

Comment

Not sure of the best thing to do here. It is something to do with the number of items in your store - it isn't showing '(None)' because Actinic has not cached the list of products in the store yet.

When you go into the Actinic database and look at the ProductProperties tabel, and you go to a row with an nID of '8' (which is a permutation) what is in the 'sString2' field? Is it just blank (which it should be) or something in there?

Comment

Not sure of the best thing to do here. It is something to do with the number of items in your store - it isn't showing '(None)' because Actinic has not cached the list of products in the store yet.

When you go into the Actinic database and look at the ProductProperties tabel, and you go to a row with an nID of '8' (which is a permutation) what is in the 'sString2' field? Is it just blank (which it should be) or something in there?

Whats a nID??? in my Product Properties Table I dont have a column heading with that label...
                      Though looking down the sString2 Column I do have some values set yo <BR> and <p> and some with real Product reference ..

Comment

Right

Turns out this is a known problem when upgrading from v6 to v7. The fix is as follows.

1) Back up your database

2) Make sure it is backed up

3) When you are sure it is backed up, close Actinic and open ActinicCatalog.mdb in MS Access

4) Switch to the 'Queries' view and select 'Create New Query in Design View'.

5) Click 'Close' on the 'Show Table' box and go to 'View | SQL View'

6) Enter the following code into the window:

UPDATE ProductProperties SET ProductProperties.bFlag1 = 0
                        WHERE (((ProductProperties.nType)=5) AND ((ProductProperties.bFlag1)=-1));

7) Close the query, save it and run it. Click 'Yes' and 'OK' when prompted.

8) Delete the query and exit Access

Hope that works!

Comment

What version of Access so I need? I've got the 2002 version, but that wants to convert the MDB which I assume is not going to work afterwards.

Comment

Does it allow you to open the database WITHOUT converting it? That should be one of the options there.

You should be able to run the qury without converting the database, as the query is operating on the data - not the database structure.

Comment

Working...
                            X