Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New user questions

Hi all

As a novice to Actinic I have a few questions.

1. Does Actinic Catalogue only allow one website to be created, If not how do I create a new catalogue, as Im not happy with my first effort at a catalogue website but dont want to lose it all to start again. When I go into File|Sites I only have an option to activate a new site?

2. I have setup the Catalogue as my home page & want to amend things such as adding new text into the body of the home page, terms & conditions etc. I have amended the HTML in P_index & p_p_index & P_info etc.. but my changes are not appearing & seem to be overwritten by Actinic. I am sure this is probably due to my lack of Actinic & how it works.

3. I have looked through the Forum to try to answer some of these questions & noticed talk of NETQUOTEVAR, is this Actinic programming language or some web language Im not familiar with, I am a mainframe programmer so be gentle with me as HTML is still a struggle for me.

Thats it for now. Any help would be much appreciated.

1. Does Actinic Catalogue only allow one website to be created,
    Yes and No. If you have a Developer version of Actinic then you can create more than one site.

Editing the files that start with a P_ does nothing as these are the preview files.

If you want to add text on pages then you need to edit Act_Primary.html

You will see NETQUOTVAR:BLAHBLAH inside this template and these are replaced by other elements that build the page. i.e. NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTBULK is replaced with the actual products in your store and NETQUOTEVAR:FOOTER is replaced by whatever you specify in the footer.

Get the Advanced User Guide from www.actinic.co.uk

If you save your images and databases from the Site1 folder then you can copy these into your new store.
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
    X