Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Left Navbar to be in brochure pages, possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left Navbar to be in brochure pages, possible?

Another Question Regarding template!

Hi, i would like to hear some suggestions from anyone. As you can see from my homepage, www.hst.com.sg, its all written in the html description not template. I know this is not a gd way to write as description only gives a limited amount of space. Thus, i have faced this problem and would like to throw the "left nav bar" of my homepage to the template. The problem is that, is it viable? or feasible to do so. If so, how can i do it?

Firstly, both the left Navbar and the Content (With image) are contain in a big table. This table consist of 2 nested tables which are the Left Navbar and the Content(with image). If i were to transfer the navbar from my "description" to the template, and still leave the Content in my description. how can i code it? Noting that left nav bar are nested tables.

I have attached the brochure.html. I need some suggestions on how i could carry out this process. My purpose isthat i wnat the Left Nav bar to be applied to alll the brochures. yup. please help!

With Regards,
    Sweeeeeeee
    Attached Files
    Http://www.hst.com.sg

You should check the Advanced User Guide for V6 and look at the pages on creating a Yahoo Section List.
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Hi,

But those are codes are for? My point is that i have already created the Homepage using the description in the product detail windows. Then, if i would like to convert the menu bar from the homepage to the other brochure pages, how can i do so?
      Ps. i dont thnink "creating Yahoo-style section lists is what i want. =(

With regards,
      Swee

Comment

OK

So you want to take the sidebar from:

http://www.hst.com.sg/acatalog/shop.html

and put it in the page at

http://www.hst.com.sg/

?

Please clarify if this is what you want to do.

Comment

No no,

i want to take the side bar(Not Norman one) from my Homepage (www.hst.com.sg) and put in in all brochure pages (about us, biz opportunties, testimony..etc) because those pages do not have any navigation bar. So i need to make it uniform for all brochure pagess

wtih Regards,
          Swee

Comment

How did you create the navigation for the Catalog pages? Can you just cut and paste into your other pages
            Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Hi,

I'm referring to the Homepge Navigation bar which is made up of Hyperlink Texts only not Norman Menubar (www.hst.com.sg). I want those homepage Navigation bar to be placed in the other brochure, so i got to paste it on the brochure.html isnt it? however, the Left Nav bar is actually Nested. Look at the homepage codes and you might understnad abit. Everything is written in the description!
              Attached Files

Comment

Okay I see what you have done. This is the wrong way to acheive your goal.

You will need to create an Act_Primary.html and also a brochure primary page with the navigation links.
                Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Hi,

Yah, i have done Wrong by following my predecessor and thou Cdicken and told me off before but..haha, i guess i didnt heed the advice, sry Cdicken.

Anyway, now that the problem is much more serious, bcos i do not have any more space to add more things, so i got to transfer all the codes back to the template. However, i am not sure where i could start transfering and paste those code at. SEem real confusing.Becuase the Navbar is a nested table and i need to paste the left navbar just left side of the picture (U may refer to hompage). So which mean is there such thing as NETQUOTEVAR:description?

With Regards,
                  Sweee

Comment

You need the documents "Advanced User Guide" and "Designing with Developer" these will keep you right.

You will have to start again or a hole you will yourself dig.
                    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Thanks.. but i possessed both already.

But i would like to ask what is the Actinic Code used for all the Html codes i have written in the description of product detail. Cos initially i thought was Netquotevar: description? but there aint such code there. Could it be Netquotevar: brochure?

Comment

Working...
                      X