Header Keywords and Field Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Header Keywords and Field Names

Included in the user manual for v5 was a section that listed all the information needed to import from an Excel or Access file. This was in the form of a set of tables with the following headings.

Header Keyword - Field Name - Values - Default Values

Is this information available for v7 and if so where can I find it.
    Mick Jackson
    Jackson's Fishing Tackle
    www.jackfish.net

If you go into your Actinic v7 | Original | Common folder, you will find examples of them all in there, which will contain the headers where appropriate in them

Comment

Have already had a look at those files. What I am looking for is the choices for the data imput into this type of file.
      i.e.
      Attribute:
      Option 1 = Drop Down Box
      Option 2 = Radio Button
      Option 3 = Check Box
      Option 4 = Push Button
      Default = 2
      etc.

Anyone new coming to Catalog would not have a clue what opions are available for Product Attributes, Components etc. and I would like to be able to easily see what features I can use in the future without a lot of detective work.

The tables in the v5 manual were clear and concise and you could implement them easily once you had printed off the relevent pages and put them into a ring binder for immediate reference.

If however they have not changed since v5 then I will have to continue using the printout from this earlier version.
      Mick Jackson
      Jackson's Fishing Tackle
      www.jackfish.net

Comment

You will find the relevant pages in the Actinic main help file. Go to 'Help | Help Topics' and in the 'Contents' tab look for 'Importing | Valid Fields in Hierarchical Files'. You can print the topics from there.

Comment

Thanks Chris, that is the information I was looking for.
          Mick Jackson
          Jackson's Fishing Tackle
          www.jackfish.net

Comment

Working...
          X